1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey Installation

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bob1581, Jun 27, 2007.

1. bob1581

bob1581 Member

I have been pondering the idea of getting a wiikey for some time now and I finally broke down and ordered one today. Before I get it I would like to know a few things.

I have found the installation manual and soldering the chip doesnt seem like it will be that difficult. However, I was wondering what I do after I install the chip. Do I have to flash it? Does it come pre-flashed? Is there anything else that will need to be done?

2. bob1581

bob1581 Member

I found the wiikey setup... Is there anything else that needs to be done after it is soldered in?

3. wiimods

wiimods Guest

Hey,
    My advice to you would be to get a professional help.
    It may look easy but it is not...

If you get a genuine Wiikey, no set up will be needed.
    If you get a clone, you will need to run the setup CD to make it work.
    Most of the time with clones, original wont work after install unless you run the setup disc from wiikey site.

Good luck!

4. Legalto

Legalto Regular member

I just got mine in the mail today. I can't believe how small the chip is. Fortunately, I'm having someone else do it for me who has experience installing mod chips.

5. bob1581

bob1581 Member

I have done a chip for an xbox before. But the wii is a whole new monster. I just want to get everything straight before I start tearing things apart. I am 100% sure it is not a clone as it is one of the wiikey's reseller list. So the chip is just a solder and play thing?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  6. Legalto

Legalto Regular member

I bought mine from consolesource. So as long as their name is on the wiikey resellers list I don't have a clone? I'm asking because I haven't installed mine yet.

7. champ2131

champ2131 Member

I F'd my install up....good luck

8. miesner

miesner Member

I would like a pro to install this, any recommendations? Or would you know what type of person i should look for in my area?