1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey Installed

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by madsoles, Jun 21, 2007.

1. madsoles

madsoles Member

I am a newbie to this forum. However, I did a lot of research here and finally decided to buy a wiikey. I bought the wiikey at modchipstore.com, the shipping was pretty fast, I only waited for two days. And I have already installed the chip. Everything is fine up to now, I just think that it might be better to still use wires to connect the chip to the mobo. This way help a lot in terms of the risk of damaging the mobo, anyway, it's just my thought. Thanks for those useful suggestions and tutorials.

2. kevin32

kevin32 Member

was your wii the one with 3 pins missing?

3. madsoles

madsoles Member

4. Saicho

Saicho Member

do you mean re-doing the installation? did you use the quick solder method (no wires)?

If you did a quick solder installation and are deciding to re-install it to a wire installation, I would advise against that IF the chip is working and your backups are booting.

Why? Because the very reason against doing a quick solder installation is that it is more difficult to remove than to install (imho), and you can get into problems such as bridging and damaging the mobo when you are trying to install it.

Cliffs: if your mod chip works, don't touch it, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I agree with Saicho

If it works don't mess with it.