1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey installer

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by kass250, Jul 10, 2007.

1. kass250

kass250 Member

Has anyone here ever used teammodders.com to install their mods? I just want to know if they're safe (i hate the thought of sending my wii to someone i dont know and if they good and if they work quickly and succesfuly. Any help is much appreciated!

P.S.

does anyone know if they check to see that games are working after they install it because ive seen alot of people on the forums with that problem after they install and i dont want to be left hanging with an install that doesnt read discs.

once again, thanks

2. kass250

kass250 Member

...has anyone ever sent their wii to teammodders??

3. kass250

kass250 Member

.........since no one is helping me with that specific question, could you at least help guide me on how to decide that an installer is trust worthy???? please i really need to know this

4. gp376

gp376 Guest

trustedmods.com did 2 for me with no problems ..

5. kass250

kass250 Member

ok ill check them out

thanks

6. kass250

kass250 Member

ok ill check them out

thanks

7. beazt

beazt Member

Hey, I just sent my Wii (with a lifted pad) to Teammodders to install a Wiikey on Monday. If you haven't sent it yet, I could get back to you on how well they did in a few days. Their rates are pretty reasonble: $35 for the install, $20 for the return (insured) shipping, and $5 per lifted pad. You do have to pay for the shipping to them though, but they give a "30-day warranty", whatever that means.

8. gp376

gp376 Guest

trustedmods is a good bit cheaper than that .. 1 wii they did for me had ALL the pads lifted and the other was new (learned my lesson) . both work perfect .
    heck , i think i only paid them $70 total for the wiikey chip , install and return shipping ...

9. kass250

kass250 Member

@beazt

ok ill wait before sending it in to hear from you. and i know about their rates and everthing which is y i liked them and they seem to be pretty trust worthy but id rather hear that from someone thats dealt with them already

thnks for your response

10. beazt

beazt Member

@kass250

It's hard to believe, but apparently I got my modded Wii back yesterday (my little brother let me know today, sorry about the delayed response). The installation is beautiful and just like the pics on their website; even if you have a botched install (like I have, with a lifted pad) you really can't go wrong with them. They actually sent an emulator disc with my Wii (inside) so I am positive they tested it before they sent it back (just make sure you use DVD-R media burning your games). Their turnaround time of one week after I shipped it is beyond my wildest expectations. 5/5 stars. If anybody from Team Modders reads this, thanks a bunch! Hope this helped.

11. beazt

beazt Member

Sorry to double post (where the hell is the edit button around here!?), but just to clarify, the one-week turnaround time is the time it took for me to get my Wii back. I shipped it on Monday, late afternoon (around 3:45 pm) and got it back modded on Saturday.

12. kass250

kass250 Member

wow to me that sounds pretty good i guess ill go with it but i have to questions which sound kind of stupid but i was jus wondering....did the put the pads back on your wii that cover up th screw holes and did you send it to the installer in wisconsin

13. beazt

beazt Member

1) Yea, the Wii was perfectly the same as I sent it, no pads missing or anything like that
    2) The installer was in Wisconsin

14. kass250

kass250 Member

ok sounds great

15. tissues4u

tissues4u Member

I need a Wiikey installers website... i went to the 2 on this and it says site no longer existed, please can somebody list some TRUSTWORTHY EMAIL ADDRESS OR WEBSITES... its so hard to find a trusting installer around here!!! I let a guy in baltimore md do it and he broke my cd drive and he said hes not covering it because he didnt put the wii key in yet... :-(