1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey loaded 1.9g then stopped loading backups.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Icekid, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Icekid

Icekid Member

I just got done soldering up my wii with a wiikey today. I planned on playing brawl so i updated right away to 1.9g. Nothing wrong there. I checked to see if it would load normal games and it did. I popped in a GCOS 1.3 and it won't load. Now i've been trying so many other ISO like 1.2 and 1.9b firmware and even 1.9b recovery. The only backup it plays is 1.9g

2. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

Use the HACKED 1.3 Config Disc to turn Region Override ON. Link in my Wiikey Thread.

3. Icekid

Icekid Member

I downloaded what you said and the folders name was config1.3. The ISO ended up being 4.3 gigs or w/e. Did i do anything wrong?

4. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

Did you burn it to a DVD-R at 4x or lower speeds?
    Did you try it? Did it work?

5. Icekid

Icekid Member

I didn't finish all the step sadly>.>. I'll post up after i finish it correctly.

6. juniR

juniR Guest

If you can edit your initial post title I would m8...

It's against the rules to post vague titles when asking for help and the mods close those that don't have more specific details.

7. Icekid

Icekid Member

Changed title to the thread. Here's an update along with the problem. Yesterday I got done installing my Wiikey to my launch day Wii. It was already updated to 3.0E or 3.1E. Whichever plays SMGl, I burn 1.9g update to my Sony DVD-R and pop it in. It loads up fine. I hear Homor say "Your all nuts" at the end of the install. Next, i try to run GCOS 1.3 to the same type of DVD-R's. Which doesn't work...neither does 1.2 and 1.2 hacked. Last night i downloaded 1.3 Hacked as told. I change the setting on the .bat to make it 1.35 gigs. Then i run the Wiiui program to make it a GCOS 1.3 hacked. That does not work either. Any ideas?

8. Oxadillia

Oxadillia Guest

Very confusing. The only thing I can suggest is change your media (different Wiis like different kinds).

Also bear in mind the 1.9g is a beta, which means it is not fully tested and could have problems. (I am mentioning this because it is probably down to the firmware as opposed to the chip itself.)