1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey major problem

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Kweeehh, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Kweeehh

Kweeehh Member

Hey, ive been browsing the forum all night tonight after making a big mistake after soldering my wiikey to my wii.
    I accidently installed the 1.9b firmware before using the config and now my wii is all messed up.
    I cant run config 1.2 or 1.3 so i read somewhere that through GCOS you can change the configs so I did that. only problem is when it asks me to run it through NTSC my screen turns all green and nothing happens and if it asks me to run through PAL i just get a black screen with nothing. Even though i dont kno how i did it and i actually did it twice, i somehow loaded the config screen and made my wii region free and then the second time i accessed it, it didnt actually save the changes it said region free was off. so right now im trying to figure out how to get back to the config using GCOS.
    Other than that when I insert 1.3 config it reads it as a GC cd but when i try to load it the wii restarts itself. same with the 1.9g update. Im really lost and i dunno what to do, anyone have any suggestions on what i can possibly do?
    oh and all the cds ive been burning were burnt using imgburn on x2 using memorax DVDR. and also what should i config the cd read speed thing for the wiikey? i think it was set to x6 but i didnt touch it.
    Thanks!

2. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

Use a GCOS 1.9b recover disc. Use the correct Region for the image.

3. Kweeehh

Kweeehh Member

does anyone have a link for this GCOS 1.9b recover disc? i have no idea what version my GCOS version is :x
    I have a NTSC wii

4. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

if you make changes in the config screen and save them - the NEXT time you load the config disc, it will look as though you havent made any changes as it will always load the default options on the disc regardless as to what the chip is actually set at.
    this is because the chip is stealth and does not allow the config screen to actually read what settings it is set at

so if you have changed the settings and saved them then thats it - they're done!!

6. Kweeehh

Kweeehh Member

thanks for the help guys, im not home atm and i wont be home til late tonight so i'll definitely check those out and let ya kno if it works or not. hopefully it does heh.

7. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

Also check my thread here for resources, links, tips, and tutorials.

8. Kweeehh

Kweeehh Member

thank you very much :D gonna try it out now

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  9. Kweeehh

Kweeehh Member

nope i juss used wiiui to make it USA burned it on x2 the wii reads it as a gamecube game i load it and then it looks like its loading something but then hte wii juss restarts. sigh.. what do i do!?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  10. Kweeehh

Kweeehh Member

hmm after trying to run it 5 times it finally ran at the 5th time and it found an ISO named enemenemu is that correct? anyway once it asked me in what video mode to run it it juss froze and started making my gamecube controller vibrate endlessly hm.. any ideas?

11. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

Let's take it one step at the time:

1) Can your Wii play original discs?

2) Can you run backups?

3) If you cannot run backups, then we need to do something with the Wiikey. Go to this Thread. Download the 1.9g, the 1.3, and the 1.9b recover disc files. Read the tutorial about FILECHOP and GCOS in that thread. Filechop the three files. Using good discs and burning at 4x, make GCOS of each of the files. One disc per file. Use WiiUI to make the GCOS disc.

4) Run them in this order (remember all three must be GCOS discs, and you need a gamecube controlle):

1) Config 1.3. If that runs turn REGION OVERRIDE ON.
    2) 1.9g (If the update goes through, then go to step 4)
    3) 1.9b recover disc. let it run 3-5 minutes. Go back to Step 2.
    4) Config 1.3. Turn REGION OVERRIDE back ON

That should do it. Remeber, do not panic and take your time.

As you can see here, it can be done!

12. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Also, Memorex is JUNK! You will undoubtedly always have problems getting the wii to read Memorex discs. That's why they are the cheapest thing out there because their dye sucks! Get some better media and then try. I use Sony because of their AccuCore dye.