1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey may have bricked my WIi.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Rossgue, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Rossgue

Rossgue Member

After playing WiiPlay, and leaving it for a while. All of the a sudden a black screen appeared saying my "system files are corrupt".

Reseting it comes back to the wii menu, but within 3 seconds the message is back. And I cant do anything.

Also note I have a wiikey installed. Lataly I have been backing up my GC games to an SD card with an adapter using Wiikeys Disc Backup tool.

a) Could the Wiikey have damage some system files during a disc backup?

b) Will the Wiikey affect my warranty if I were to send the console back to Nintendo?

2. Sontu

Sontu Member

Have you tried to format your wii? Several people have reported that removing the battery screwed up their channels and stuff. I didn't see it with my install but I'd give it a shot.

Installing the wiikey or any modchip voids your warranty. If you send it back to nintendo as it is they will fix it, and charge you for the repairs. You will also most likely lose your modchip. You can remove the chip and send it back and hope they dont notice you opened it up.

3. Rossgue

Rossgue Member

Thanks for the help,
    I havent tried formatting the Wii, as the message appears on the screen before I can do anything.

Ill have to call the guy that modded my wii and see if he knows anything about it and can repair it.

Cheers for that.