1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey need help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by junmar, Oct 22, 2007.

1. junmar

junmar Member

i'm a 38 yr old guy (considered to be a grandfather in this forum)who owns a wii that became addicted to it. too cut the story short, i had the wiikey installed to my wii console last saturday in chinatown (nyc) got so excited i also purchase a gundhum a japanese wii game. after 3 hrs walking around chinatown we got a call telling us that the console is ready. when we turn on the console and pop in the gundham, it did not read the disc. the installer told us to download 1.3 update and install it on the console. got home and downloaded to a dvd r disc and pop it on the console. it showed gamecube disc and when we press start button it says "remove disc and turn off wii and consult the wii manual" can anybody tell me what am i doing wrong or there was a mistake installing the wiikey. this my first console and first mod.
    thanks in advance
    jun

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Wow, they do that kind of stuff in Chinatown? Haha. Were the guys a little shady? They probably ripped you off.

OR you may not be using quality media. What brand of DVDs are you using and with what program at what speed?

3. culius

culius Regular member

if you have a wii with D2b chipset it posible been swaped , if you have a D2c your wii it never been mod. just take your money ha... haa

wellcome to NY city!?^&%*

4. Sagadon

Sagadon Guest

Come on guys... if the wii mod wasn't successful, it would probably show 'unable to read' instead of showing a game cube game.

From what I've read, you should do the update1.9b before it can read the config 1.3. There are some articles on using gcos to modify the .iso before you burn it which may, or may not be required. Some articles have suggested that once you use gcos, you need to modify the .iso's first character to be PCOS instead of GCOS because they think the Wii firmware rejects the gcos disks. Sorry, my links are on another machine! Hopefully this will give you hints on searching.

5. junmar

junmar Member

got the 1.9b update done, but still getting an eror when intalling 1.3