1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey not readding my back ups or config disks

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by leitenky, Sep 6, 2007.

1. leitenky

leitenky Member

i recently installed a wiikey (the real one not the cheap knock off) i have tried Maxell dvd-r (16x max) and Memorex DVD-r's (16x max) but niether have been able to get the wiikey bootdisk to start....i have tired a freinds backed up wii game to see if my wikey actually worked, and it launched his game, it shouldnt be my dvd burner should it??? any help would be greatly appreciated!! i have tried using nero and imgburn but to no luck is there some special configurations i need to set up before i burn???

2. xazne273x

xazne273x Member

u have to burn it at the lowest speed for it work. also use imgburn to burn wii games and use top quality disc such as taiyo yuden, verbatim and etc. plus, if your wii version is 3.0 ur wiikey config disc 1.2 will not run on it. u might have to wait for the new wiikey config 1.3 which suppose to come out soon.

3. Bluewillo

Bluewillo Member

How'd you know what version you have got?

My Pal back ups work but not my other regions??

And my wii setup disc wont work???

4. xazne273x

xazne273x Member

u have go to sitting, which is locate in the bottom left of ur wii menu and ur version is locate on the top right.

ur pal wii/gamecube games should work perfectly. but for wii games that from other region u have to check this this website to see which games r compatable "http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wii_Region_Patcher_Compatibility_List" and for gamecube "http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=GCOS_Gamecube_Compatibility_List"

if u wii setup disc wont work is probably ur wii system is 3.0 cuz the wiikey config 1.2 will not work on version 3.0

5. wiijunkii

wiijunkii Member

Any info whether the 1.3 update will need GC controller?

6. xazne273x

xazne273x Member

we dont know yet. we just have to wait and find out.

7. Bluewillo

Bluewillo Member

I managed to get the Set up disc working BUT i dont have a Gamecube controller..?

When the disc opens up it says wii base V 1.2, region: PAL then its got a list of things like wiikey configuration...is that where i can make it region free???/

8. leitenky

leitenky Member

i have 2.2 firmware and verbatam is about the only brand i think i have not tried so ill give that a tryy, i burn at 4x and use imgburn..i had read a couple places maxell and memorex dvd-r's were supposed to work but they clearly dont, just a heads up

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  9. Bluewillo

Bluewillo Member

Xazne273x

you said "if your wii version is 3.0 ur wiikey config disc 1.2 will not run on it"

I'm running V3.0 and Ive managed to get the wiikey config disc 1.2
    disc working (to a degree) I've got the menu screen up BUT do i need a Game cube controller to scroll the menu and select things on it??

10. leitenky

leitenky Member

if u read around on the other forms u will find that by pressing one of the buttons on the console(the reset i think) quickly it will scroll and holding the reset button will select

11. xazne273x

xazne273x Member

the only way to get the 1.2 to run is to do something to it to make it run. but if u just burn the image of it wont work. i as for me i dont know about the 1.2 config disc if u can use the gamecube controller to scoll up and down. cuz i still use the 1.0 version of it, just to turn on the region free thingy

12. Bluewillo

Bluewillo Member

leitenky

YOU THE MAN!!!!

thank you fingers crossed...

By the way on the torrent site www.demonoid.com they have a patched version of wiikey config disc 1.2which works on 3.0

13. leitenky

leitenky Member

the only thing that nintendo did in the 3.0 firmware was blacklis the disk you use to boot the wiikey, the new 1.2 wiikey disk has just been renamedusing a hex editor

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  14. wiijunkii

wiijunkii Member

Looks like that WiiKey version from Demonoid works for some people, but not for me. It doesn't even recognize the DVD. Do I have to burn it at 1x? And use special software? What's the trick?

Also out of 3 burned games, only 1 works, at they're all PAL.

15. leitenky

leitenky Member

dude read the form before u start askin the question!!!!!!!!!!!!! its what this whole thread is about! its probly ur media and u burn it the same way you would any other wii disk

16. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

look people. Find and download the gcos wii boot disc. If you boot that first then you can load the wiikey setup disc just fine. This has been discussed over and over on these forums if you bother to search a little.

17. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

thats funny because i updated to uk pal 3.0E and i have not updated my wiikey and the config disk boots perfectly fine for me as well as all my gamecube and wii games..(dont ask me how i do it cos i have no idea)

18. leitenky

leitenky Member

if u download the 1.2b setup disk it works if u burn it the samy way (using imgburn n the right blank media) THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE FROM 1.2 DISK AND 1.2B disk except that 1.2b has been renamed, becasue the disk was just banned from the wii firmware, so by adding a letter or number to the ned of the disk it totally bypasses the blacklisting

19. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

No. The hex of the image header had to be altered, not the filename.

20. leitenky

leitenky Member

yes its not as simple as changin the file name or disk name ahah