1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey not updating :(

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by spuffy, Mar 21, 2007.

1. spuffy

spuffy Member

I've tried several times on several different discs and i cannot get the update to work. It says that it saves settings for the region override but when I try an NTSC-J game (Wing Island and one other) it does not boot. I've verified that i have an official genuine Wiikey so what could the problem be?

I think I saw in a video that when the wiikey updates it says "Saving settings to EPIROM". Can anyone confirm this? Because I don't get this popup.

I have an NTSC-U wii.

I'd appreciate any help/feedback

2. Jeff_73ca

Jeff_73ca Member

when you put your update disc in do you get the wiikey page? and if so what version did you burn there are a few one you need to use a gamecube controller with the other you dont, i used the one you dont and it did it automatically. Both are avaliable for download

3. mookey112

mookey112 Member

hey i am having the same problem i couldnt get bleach wii to work and i have a few comments

a. have you tried gamecube imports i was able to play those i played battle stadium d.o.n. and started naruto 3 <- this will prove it the settings are actully getting saved, if you can play gc imports thatn the settins are being saved correctly.

b. i did get bleach to work when i used the regionfrii patcher

c. while i did get it to work and have fun playing it i am fairly scared that for some reason i wont be able to play wii imports ever without patching them and that is a big bummer to me

4. spuffy

spuffy Member

Mookey, I have not yet tried gamecube backups, but I will and let you know how it goes.

5. mookey112

mookey112 Member

hey spuffy just wondering if you have made any more progress on this problem, just checking in