1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey not working or act of nintendo?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by amaanr, Jun 28, 2007.

1. amaanr

amaanr Member

i have a fairly new wii serial LU315... picked it up less than a week ago. nonetheless i had it modded with the wiikey and it tested with verbatim dvd-r and it worked

when i took it home and tried a couple of my own backups they did not - i tried burning on verbatim dvd-r, memorex dvd-r, and dataware dvd-r at burning at 2x on imgbrn

i got one verbatim to work once, then i tried it again but it wouldnt load to the game although it did show me the nice animation on the dashboard so it was reading it. when i tried it a thrid time, i got the same error as all the others 'unable to read the disc, check the operations manual'

subsequent tries led to the same error (for all backups)

any suggestions would be great, tia

2. amaanr

amaanr Member

i must add that i did try powering off the wii and unplugging the power for a few minutes to reset the chipset - but no luck. and i do believe that nintendo is systematically remembering which media not to read.

anyway if you have any other suggestions please advise

thanks in advance

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

which games were they and try other media mine likes maxell

4. kerano1

kerano1 Member

this is what happened to my wii! Except I tested my games (worked) then 10 mins later they didn't work -.-

5. amaanr

amaanr Member

yep same problem the media doesnt work after it did work once i tried like 10 different games

which serials do you have how old is your wii? maybe nintendo is enabling higher security features on the new wiis?

6. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

same thing happened with me, and this is what i was told, and now mine works almost perfectly (occasional DRE, but i just turn it off, eject the disc and turn it back on a few minutes later and all is good)

make sure there is electrical tape on the back side of the wiikey, then after soldering, put electrical tape over the top and the wiikey and solder points, and on the solder points on the actual wii drive....also make sure the wire you're using isn't bad or faulty (if you did the wire install)

after i did that, it worked fine and haven't had a real problem since

i installed mine using a wire install though, if you used quicksolder, i'm not sure if you can put electrical tape on the back of the wiikey (i would assume you can, just cut out holes so you can solder), but make sure you have tape over all solder joints

7. amaanr

amaanr Member

do you have a new wii, i mean was it recently bought? what is the serial?

8. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

i bought mine a couple months ago, but the serial doesn't matter because as long as you can mod it with the wiikey (or any other chip), then it should work just fine

what is wrong is something you did or didn't do during the soldering process

go back and try what i suggested

9. amaanr

amaanr Member

ok will do thanks