1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey or WiiD install in Ontario (Canada)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by akaangus, Jul 4, 2007.

1. akaangus

akaangus Regular member

Does anyone know a reliable person or place I can get my launch-day Wii modded in Ontario, Canada? I don't mind shipping it as long as other people here have done it before. I would prefer someone in the Sudbury or Toronto areas because then I can just drop it off, but I don't mind shipping it.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't violate forum rules, but if it does feel free to delete the thread and I'll get the hint.

I have a FedEx account so I can prepay shipping both ways.

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

I install modchips for free. You just have to pay shipping both ways. I actually made a thread asking if anyone wants me to do their Wiis a while ago but the mods went crazy and deleted it.

3. dixm655

dixm655 Member

I just had a really great experience with VeeModz.ca. He is in the Markham/Stouffville area, and you can drop off the console and watch him install it, or you can just ship it.

He is very professional, and he has superior customer service skills. Email him and he emails back within at least 15-30 minutes at the most. He really knows what he is doing, and he guarantees all of his installs from anything that goes wrong due to his install.

Nothing but great things from him; great experience.

Look him up at www.VeeModz.ca

Tell him Mike sent you (dixm655)

4. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

I have nothing but good things to say about gocybershop.ca

sent them my wii (and who knows if it was the "un-moddable" kind, I did get it quite recently) on Monday, and I asked them personally if they could have it back to me by Friday. I got it back in time for the "wiikend" and I can't say I've had a single problem. The price was a bit high (actually who knows if it's higher or lower) but it included mod chip, installation and shipping, and I was more than happy to pay it for a proper job. BTW they are situated in waterloo, ontario.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  5. dixm655

dixm655 Member

Just checked out that site, and it is $20.00 MORE than VeeModz.ca. Also, they only offer a 30-day warranty, whereas VeeModz.ca offers a warranty for life.

I would definitely go with VeeModz. Again, nothing but amazing things to say about them. You get superior customer service as well.

6. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

It's true that veemodz is a bit cheaper, and I may have gone w/ them if I knew about it at the time, but from the looks of it, the "business" is some dude running it from his own basement, where as gocybershop is a proper business which accepts credit cards and does more than simply mod 2 kinds of consoles.

As nice as the things on there site may sound, it still seems a bit dodgy.

7. brian27

brian27 Member

hey there i seen your question and there is a guy not far from toronto in brampton that does modding, he is reliable and been doing it for years if interested send back message w/ email

8. Aerien

Aerien Member

GTA-Wireless Modifies the Nintendo Wii

Located in the cored of Downtown Toronto, Gta-wireless offers a wide range of services. Modifying the Nintendo Wii with the Wiikey is one of the services we offer as well. The Nintendo Wii only allows certain games to be played, but Unlocking, "Chipping", or "Modifying" the Nintendo Wii takes approximately 2 hours to accomplish, and once it's completed, it enables you to play home brewed games on your console. However the ones sold after June are more difficult to unlock because of the serial number and system is slightly different. There's more infomation on our website www.gta-wireless.com.
    - Supports multi-disc games for the Wii and Gamecube
    - Supports DVD-R/ true DVD+R and RW support (no bitsetting required)
    Modifying your Nintendo Wii starts from $50!!