1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey prob with new wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by j314, Jul 8, 2007.

1. j314

j314 Member

Not to create FUD, but I just tried installing a wiikey for a new wii and it's not working.
    I've installed three chips before using the wire method with the wiikey. They've always worked before, but this one doesn't. It just reads regular games, not new ones.
    I tried installing it twice, it didn't work, uninstalled it, the wii worked normally, tried installing it three more times, it didn't work, uninstalled it again and it works normally again. (The pads are getting a little burnt though.)
    How common is it for people to get wiikey duds? This one seems new and has the hologram bag and everything. This wii is only two weeks old. Is it possible that the chip is not compatible with the new wii, or do I just have a dud chip?

2. j314

j314 Member

3. champ2131

champ2131 Member

So your Wii has the 3 cut chip?

4. j314

j314 Member

yup. I'll take a pic of the chip when I get a chance but it looks just like the other pics online. Thought I was going crazy, tested it with a multimeter and everything. :)