1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey problem (loading games)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by clevr, Oct 29, 2007.

1. clevr

clevr Member

Recently had a wiikey installed into my system. The installation to my knowledge was a success, and here is were i now stand.

After downloading games via torrent, and reading through these forums I was presented with the problem of disc choice.

After buying and trying various discs on 2x burn speed the only disc to partially work was the:
    Verbatim DVD-R
    TDK DVD+R

The game being used is a downloaded version of WiiPlay. On the channels screen the game loads, showing WiiPlay in the disc channel. Once you click start game it just goes to a black screen, the end.

I have tryed Song LG and all the other imaginable discs. Yet I am just not sure what the problem is.

I'm pretty sure the chip is installed correctly due to the loading of the burned disc. It still reads orginials. Any help?

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Stick with Verbatim 8X and burn at 4X speed. Are the games the same region as your Wii?

3. clevr

clevr Member

The game is the following:

[WII] WiiPlay [PAL][MULTI5]

as for my region how would I go about figureing that out? I am based out of Canada if that has anything to do with what your looking for.

4. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Go to your Wii settings and in the top right corner it should say something like 3.1U or 3.1E.

5. clevr

clevr Member

3.0U

6. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Thats the problem. The PAL version of Wii Play is not region compatible with USA(NTSC-U) systems. You will need to get an NTSC(U) version of the game.

Go HERE and follow the guide when trying to play Imported games (Games that are different from your region system) to find out if they are region compatible with your unit.

You need to look under the sections of PAL to NTSC(U) and NTSC(J) to NTSC(U) to find if the Imported game is compatible with your NTSC-U system.

Also make sure you do what NDarkness suggested make sure region over ride is turned on if your goning to play Import games.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  8. clevr

clevr Member

so, from my understanding doing the following will allow this game to work:

Using WiigionFree and using the french program to protect from bricking in the links you provided the game should work.

"If you Region Patch a game disc or enable your region free option on your Modchip follow the below steps to protect yourself from a region brick..."

Above is a quote from another post you guys linked. So it seems everything should be in order to try this again? Or am I blind to something and about to get bricked :p ?

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Nothing you do to the Wiiplay game disc that you have downloaded will make the game work. The PAL version of the game is not compatible with NTSC(U) systems. You will need to download the NTSC(U) version of Wiiplay.

I just gave you the link and what sections to look under so you can check the list before downloading a PAL or Japanese game disc and make sure it is region compatible with your NTSC(U) system. If it isn't then you will need the NTSC(U) version of the game.

Plus in order to play any PAL/Japanese games you need region override turned ON (But that doesn't necessarily mean all out of region games will work).

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  10. clevr

clevr Member

ok thankyou for the help both of you. US version will be ready soon, if any problems arise I definatly now know where to go.

Definatly the best help around for WiiKey problems.