1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey problem

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by c0nnected, Dec 11, 2007.

1. c0nnected

c0nnected Guest

Hi All

Am really stuck on this one, have a Pal Wii with 2.1E, I know Big Brain Academy Pal has been used on it so some sort of update will have been carried out but the firmware still remains at 2.1E.

Have installed a WiiKey (original) perfectly but when I insert a backup disc the Wii will not see it. Have tried a 2nd WiiKey and still the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

2. juniR

juniR Guest

Update your Wiikey firmware to at least 1.9b... 1.9g is the latest beta and what I use but some ppl seem reluctant to go that far but there's no harm imo. Run the Wiikey config disk and set up the Wiikey to do all you want.

Update your Wii firmware to the latest version, preferably, over the net, or at least using a PAL game... 3.1E is the latest.

Power off the Wii, power on, and test. If backups don't work then try defferent media. Verbatim -R is a popular choice and my personal recommended one tho there are others.

3. c0nnected

c0nnected Guest

Hi

Is that with the 1.9b update disc or recovery disc. Assuming it is the update disc, I have one of those already, if I insert it into the Wii in question it is not recognised. I can then stick the same disc in my own Wii and it works just fine. Any ideas on a way of getting the disc to boot up?

Regards

4. c0nnected

c0nnected Guest

btw, with regard to discs i have had 100% success with the sumvision 8x dvd-r.

5. juniR

juniR Guest

6. brido84

brido84 Regular member

Seems strange but theres been a similar problem with Wii's with a more recent firmware update (especially on PAL Wii's), are you sure about the firmware version.

Might try one of these to get the config to work and turn region free on.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/589738

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/566540

Pretty much what juniR said, I just took too long posting.

If the WiiKeys not been updated then would the recovery disk work thought it was for 1.9b or higher, might be wrong.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  7. 5couse

5couse Member

Update the wii firmware and wiikey im running latest pal firmware on both with no problems at all.