1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey problen when loading Config 1.3 at Wii Pal - Same Issue, same headache plus no Sleep!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by luchoc, Nov 2, 2007.

1. luchoc

luchoc Member

I also used the new 1.9g, which loaded and run smoothly. Later, when I wanted to use the config 1.2 or 1.3 for WII Pal (3.0 E), I got the classic error message asking to turn off the Wii.

I used a directly burned ISO file with config 1.2 and 1.3 and also the file using the resized version.

Did anyone have solved this issue yet?

2. 5couse

5couse Member

Hi i dont know if this will help, i got the turn of wii error on every disk i burnt i had 3.1e firmware on my wii and the chip was newly installed, i used a disk with gcos and 1.2 embedded and after that ive had no problems at all.

Probably wont help but worth a shot.

Scouse

3. luchoc

luchoc Member

Thanks, that's what this site is all about, share knowledge and experience. Could you please develop the process you performed in more detail. I recently got my Wii and installed the wiikey, so all this tunning thing is quite new for me.

4. 5couse

5couse Member

Hi Luchoc i cant remember where i got it from but i have the file on my pc if you have an email address that can hold 7 meg ill happily send it you you to try.

Scouse

5. aerofreak

aerofreak Member

hey, could you email it to me? (i'm assuming its pal with your screen name and the 3.1 E)

i cannot find a GCOS guide anywhere and everything i've tried with it doesnt work, im sure one of the methods i used was right, suggesting my wiikey is buggered, but this would be the ultimate test, having a file that actually worked on someone elses wii.

my email addy is noemailhere@wherever.com.

also, my problem with the wiikey is this, have installed it 3 times now, still similar issues. plays originals, not backups, starts to read config 1.3 and 1.2 discs but comes up tellin me to eject and restart.
    update disc will not even read.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  6. 5couse

5couse Member

Emailed to you m8 burn on a verbatim disk if possible at 4x use the reset button to move through the options a quick press for next option and a long press to select.

Good luck m8, it worked for me so i hope it works for you

scouse

7. aerofreak

aerofreak Member

legend man, will get on it now, unfortunately dont have verbatim discs but they are in the post.

will update you in a bit, thanks again

8. aerofreak

aerofreak Member

no joy, doesnt come up with the gamecube logo even where as the normal 1.2 and 1.3 discs do show up the GC logo before coming up with the error message... time for a new mod chip?

have checked soldering again, connections etc, all seems fine, wiikey looks official and came with hologram etc.

this really is a nightmare.

9. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

Download GCOS, download 1.3 config, resize the iso. Load GCOS and browse for resized 1.3 iso, choose a save name and a place to save the new iso image. Burn the image to a disc using any app of your choosing. Load on Wii, it should recognize it as a gamegube game, from there it is easy and self explanatory.

10. aerofreak

aerofreak Member

see, i have a problem working out how the hell GCOS works, using the run cmd method, what do i type after finding the file location for GCOS itself? in otherwords, could someone finish this for me? below is the location of GCOS, i've resized the bootdisc.pal iso for config 1.3, its now 1.35gb (yes, my wii is pal before someone asks lol) -

"C:\Documents and Settings\axeman\Desktop\Wii\GCOS DVD9 FIXED FINAL VER\GCOS MultiGame Creator V4F.exe"

i've seen a few guides for this, some create the output as a .gcm file, others as an iso, either way, nothing works for me.

either im just rubbish or my wiikey is buggered lol.

11. 5couse

5couse Member

Hello again thats the exact problem i was having , maybe try another brand of disk ?? i use verbatim dvd+r ( local pound shop ) nothing would boot at all and i had the gamecube logo. Shame m8 i really hoped it would help.

Scouse

i couldnt figure out gcos either even when i copied and pasted the command line it still only gave me an iso of 4k lol

12. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

I use a gui version of GCOS. Google and you shall find the gui version which is much easier to use.

13. aerofreak

aerofreak Member

is that WiiUI? have tried it too. with it i choose where to save it, then change the file type from .gcm to iso whilst searching for the config disc? just realised i never tried it padded tho, trying it now

14. phelixnyc

phelixnyc Regular member

15. aerofreak

aerofreak Member

still not working.

my test game was metroid prime 3 (pal) but i was too afraid to run the update incase anything happened.

i ran it there now, it went through ok and now when i stick the backup in the metroid prime logo appears in the menu, i click on it, but get the old faithful "error on disc" etc

its also a case of once in a bluemoon will it play an original game now, seems to work when i take out the Cmos battery for a bit, but when i stick in a non-original wii disc of any kind, its back to not playing originals again.

16. itolson

itolson Guest

I have the same problem,

i found if you take out the cmos battery and leave the power out for a while it did seem to work again.

but the next disk in and it stopped with unrecognised disc etc.

none of the 1.2 1.3 or gcos discs would work.....

has anyone had a simular issue.

SMG was working as wel as all my other backups.

now nothing but originals work.

17. aerofreak

aerofreak Member

nothing works for me tho, when i take out the cmos, the originals play for a while just.

18. 5couse

5couse Member

Hi Metroid is a bitch for me as well, every game is perfectly fine, metroid burnt on the same disk at the same speed as every other game decides itself when to show up in the disk channel, very strange.

My problems were gamecube icon : hit start :error message turn off wii remove disk and reboot

What cured my problems : gcos hex edited iso : change to your region :read disks at 3x :run the 1.9g (super mario galaxy ) update from wiikey (thanks guys )

Everything runs 100% (cept metroid but it does run)

Launch Wii 3.1e firmware wiikit with 1.9g wiikey update.

i have a sneaky feeling that its the region setting thats giving most of the problems.

Scouse

19. aerofreak

aerofreak Member

i've had to go out this afternoon, few things to take care of. before i did i stumbled across a site stating that if using IMGburn, uncheck the "verify" button. after doing this, the iso you emailed me loaded with the GC logo then came up with the error message. considering it wouldnt read it before, i figured im headed in the right direction.

none of the wiikey updates (i.e. 1.9b or 1.9g) would even read before, should i reburn these now, or will i need to run the configuration discs first?

....or should i wait til my new verbatim discs come? lol

20. 5couse

5couse Member

The verify button doesnt really do anything other that check the written data and the data on the hard drive to basically make sure theyre the same, most burning software have this option its just like rereading a page to make sure you got the information.

If you have the spare disks id burn 1.2,1.3 updates at 2-4speed and see what happens, if the gamecube logo is appearing im pretty sure the chip is ok its now just getting at the little buggers settings.

Scouse