1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiiKey questions

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Selic, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Selic

Selic Member

Ok, i got my wiikey in the mail today, and i had several various things happen, i got the wiikey soldered in perfectly the first time, or so i thought, i have actually gone back 6 times hoping it was soldered in correnctly and looking at it it's looked fine the whole time. Well, whenever i put the DVD-R's of any games, or the setup disk for the wii key (they're a bran of TDK) they dont work, they give me a disk read error, i have gotten two read errors with diffrent solders, one being a black screen, that tells me to remove the disk and reset, the other being a white screen that says it failed, that is the one it is at currently. now what i want to know now is, with those disk read errors, does that mean im using a bad format of disk? or does that mean the soldering job on my wiikiey was bad?

thank for any help you can provide :3

2. Selic

Selic Member

Oh, just for alittle bit more information.

My wii STILL plays original games 100% fine

It's updated to 2.2u

It has the full version of internet channel(heard it did something with that, not sure)

and i bought the wiikey from a wiikey seller from the wiikey website ( http://www.mod-chip.com/ ) and im almost possitive that its not the clone but the actual one.

just so you guys could have a bit more info :D

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try using different media.

Wii's can be picky at what Media it will play. I have good success with Maxell DVD-R media. Other brands are Verbatim/Tayio Yuden DVD-R.

4. Selic

Selic Member

mk i ordered some verbatim thinking those would help, but i'll pick up some maxell tomorrow at my work and see if those work too. thanks a bunch.

5. Selic

Selic Member

ok so i tried the Maxell DVD-R and it still gives me a disk read error.

could it still be the media?(waiting on my verb to arrive) or is it some other problem?

if need be i can take pictures of my soldering for you and post it.

Edit:

ok so i went back and made some resolder connections, and it started right up, i think one of the 4 points was loose somewhere, but thanks for the Maxell refferal, seems to work nice!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007