1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiiKey reads only 1 disc

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by sircivik, Feb 23, 2008.

1. sircivik

sircivik Member

Ok, i've been searching for a couple days now and haven't found this problem yet.

The problem is, I have a wii thats keyed and it wont read any disc, original or burnt for the exception of 1 burnt disc that it reconizes as a GC disc, but when run i get the 'error, eject, shutdown....'

background info: The chip is not a clone, no bridges, i can trace continunity from the chip on the drive to the actual chip on the key for all the points. it's getting power.

1.9g update disc : doesn't read
    1.2b recovery : doesn't read
    config 1.2 1.3 1.3-GCOS : doesn't read
    backups : doesn't read
    originals : doesn't read
    The one disc it does reconize as GC, i didn't label, but i think it was an attempt at config 1.2. but like i said it wont actually run.

I've read all the turtorials on how to burn and run all the firmware and config dvd's.

I have a second key'd wii that reads every disc mentioned above for the exception of the 1.2b recovery which i dont want to try and the un-labeled disc which i dont want to try either.

Everything i have, backups, config's, firmware, wii-hardware is all NTSC. wii firmware is 3.1u

additional info... when the chip was installed, it read wii-original games, but not backups. when i tried the un-labeled disc, it read but wouldn't load. then it stopped reading originals. i unplugged the system for a bit and tried again, and once again it read orignals but nothing else but the un-labeled. after that though it stopped reading orignals. they spin up, keep spinning like they normally would, then quits. as for the backups, they spin up and stop right away as if it wern't modded at all.

Frustrated, i removed the chip and it once again ran originals like normal. which from my research leads me to think the chip is doa. but it confuses my why it reads nothing except that single disc.

any ideas?

2. sircivik

sircivik Member

well seems its not a common problem

got a new key and everything worked fine. guess it was doa. bad luck