1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey Recover 1.9b Disc Rumbling my GC Controlller

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by applejay, Jan 10, 2008.

1. applejay

applejay Member

Hi, I've tried looking through the forums, but I couldn't find a solution.

The problem I'm having is that I'm trying to boot up the Wiikey Recover 1.9b disc, which I downloaded from this link (I got the download link from the stickied post "Wii Firmware Updates, Wii and WiiKey Resources"), but every time I load the disc, the screen is all black and my gamecube controller keeps rumbling to no end. I have already tried filechopping it, and burning it through GCOS (at 2x and 4x). I have tried just using Imgburn to burn the iso file (at 2x). Both methods end up with the same results.

It is not imperative that I get this disc working, as I was able to update my Wiikey without issue. However, I wanted to at least have this disc ready in the event I really do need to use it. Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

When using the Recover disc, you will see nothing on the screen. You leave the disc running for 3 to 5 minutes and that should RECOVER you Wiikey.

Obviuosly, being a RECOVER disc, it should be used only if and when recovering is needed.

3. applejay

applejay Member

Gotcha. It says that in the readme, I should have read that first. I thought it was weird my GC controller was rumbling like that the whole time. Thanks!