1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiiKey SD Adapter Problem?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Rossgue, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Rossgue

Rossgue Member

Hi guys,
    just joined the forum after years of using it to help me.

I have a PAL Wii modded with a wiikey, and have been backing up my GC games- all been fine the past few days by using the wiikey disc backup feature.

Today when attempting to dump to my 2gb sd card, it would not read the Sd card at all ("error reading SD Card in slot A").

After finally playing around with the sd card (basically adjusting its position in the sd adapter) It finally started to dump, but after it is complete and Im dumping it to my Pc using dump.bat it says

"ERROR: No complete chunk found on the card! Chunk nr. 0 is incomplete!"

Would this be a problem with my SD adapter, as It had troubles reading from it at the start? Or am I just missing something?

As I said- yesterday all was fine.

Thanks in advance.

2. yoshio71

yoshio71 Guest

I'm having the same problem and I'm ready to throw the thing out the window and get the LG drive instead.

I formatted the disk in FAT16 with the bat file provided, and it worked for 2 chunks. After that, nothing, just the ERROR message which is annoying the hell out of me now. I've tried different cards, including the first which is SanDisk's official 1Gb Wii SD.

Any ideas guys? Thanks a lot in advance

Yoshio

3. stpdrpnro

stpdrpnro Member

the sd dump program from my understanding will only dump to an sd card through the gekko gamecube / sd adapter. so you'd have to get teh adapter plug the sd card in and plug it in to the gamcube slot and it should work.

4. yoshio71

yoshio71 Guest

My SD card is in the Gecko/WiiKey adapter (actually WiiKey branded) and placed in slot A. I managed to get 2 chunks of a Wii disc dumped, until it decided to give me a permanent card error. I have a feeling the adapter is faulty, but it seems strange it worked okay for about 1/2 an hour, then nothing at all.