1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey semi works - need expert advice

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by djdiablo, Sep 24, 2007.

1. djdiablo

djdiablo Member

Hey guys Ive done a lot of research and tried a lot of things so heres my dilemma:

I have a US Wii with a DMS chipset so it is one of the first generation. I have no updated firmware. I have recieved 2nd Wiikey from modchipcentral.com which was said to be working fine (came in small plastic with hologram). I installed via wire method. No bridging or missed points. I cannot for the life of me get backups to play but originals work fine. I am using raw dump with the right kinda lg drive. the iso files are the right size. ive tried every kind of media (good quality:verbatim, and dvd-r/+r) Ive tried burning at lower speeds. Ive tried using different burners but cannot get my backups or the setup disk to work. Now heres the kicker, my friend brought me back some backups from his trip to china and they somehow work on my wii with the wiikey installed. The backups are of wiisports, prince of persia, and need for speed (gc version on a big size 4.7disk. they do not work on any other unmoddified wiis that my friends own. I tried using my max drive on the wii to boot the setup disk via GCOS but its not reading my max drive pro(GC) disk (may be to scratched). Ive tried setting the book typing to dvd-rom but this does not work either. The chinese backups are analyzed by imgburn as dvd-rom while all the backups i make are still analyzed as what they were (dvd-r or +r). Any advice? Should i try and get a cyclowiz and just see if my wii doesnt like the wiikey? thanks

2. renickdp

renickdp Member

try using another dvd burner

3. djdiablo

djdiablo Member

I've tried... Ive used my NEC 2510a updated to its newest firmware and also tried two other sony burners, and one from a new gateway (cant remember the make). Is the pioneer ppl have spoken about the way to go? I think ive read ppls posts with a similar problem and the pioneer may not have fixed their problem