1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey settings not saving

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by mr2mas, Apr 25, 2007.

1. mr2mas

mr2mas Member

I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly, but I used the setup disc and I changed the force region setting to "On" and then I clicked "Save Settings" afterward I would reboot my Wii and check the settings and it goes back to "Off"

Wii backups are working fine. I just installed the Wiikey yesterday.
    By the way, I don't have a SD card either.

Any ideas? I'm quite sure my solder connections were good before putting the Wii back together.

2. ghostboy6

ghostboy6 Regular member

if you would do a search there are multiple threads regarding this matter. As said in those other threads this is normal due to the stealth mode of the wiikey. dont panic because everytime you put in the dvd setup disc you will just see the default settings but the settings you have made are saved IF you save it.

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

mr2mas

the setup disc CANNOT read the modchip so its only showing whats on the disc regardless of what the settings are on the wii. When u save the settings to the wii its saved but no matter what options you choose - putting the disc in will always show the same

4. Syko360

Syko360 Member

Plus, If you listen to the drive after you click "Save Settings" you can here it move and click. So you know it works, or at the very least did something.

5. mr2mas

mr2mas Member

Thanks for the help guys, it makes sense now.
    I'll be sure to do a search before asking anthing next time...