1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey setup disc error

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ackza, Jul 13, 2007.

1. ackza

ackza Member

Hi, I ran the wiikey 1.2 setup disc, it came up and I went to wiikey configuration. I changed some settings and attempted to save, but it said "error". I tried it again and there was no error, but when I reset my Wii and went back into setup, the option for region override isn't what it was when I left it! Is there a reason why the modchip is not saving data? Also I can only play gamecube backups, not wii backups. Again any help is appreciated.

Also since this isn';t really the wiikey forum, anyone have any recommendations for a better forum targeted at wiikey or wii backups and running them?

Thank you

2. jnaks

jnaks Regular member

as stated many times before, most chips work in a stealth mode. this is so nintendo can't write counter code to block it. if you set it to region free and reset it after it had successfully completed, you are fine. it won't read it's current settings -- so set it and forget it. :p

not sure why your wii backups aren't working -- there are a plethora of potential reasons. i'd like to think it's a bad burn or dump. check the threads above for troubleshooting tips and see if that helps.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007