1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey setup discs abruptly stopped working

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by HollowMen, Oct 28, 2007.

1. HollowMen

HollowMen Member

Hey, I recently installed the Wiikey this afternoon and was testing its functionality for the past few hours. I don't have any backups yet and I'll hopefully be able to get those running later, but currently I've hit a snag. I had the v1.3 setup disc running earlier and I was trying to get the snes emulator running just to see whether it worked. It led to an odd graphical glitch and froze up whenever I tried to load it. Then, I downloaded the v1.2 setup disc to see whether I was perhaps using the wrong version or something and it managed to get to the menu for the emulator, which I scrolled up and down without issue before selecting 'play game', which promptly caused it to crash, giving me a checksum error. Legitimate games for Wii and Gamecube still work, but ever since that crash I haven't been able to get either setup disc running again. I find it unlikely that in between that error message and the next time I booted the disc that one of the wires on the chip shorted or became disconnected, and considering how much of a pain it was to connect in the first place, I'd like to think I've exhausted all of my options before opening it back up and soldering it again. Thoughts?

2. HollowMen

HollowMen Member

Alright, I've taken it apart again and examined it and everything seems to be connected properly. If it has been disconnected, there's nothing visible. I've noticed some other people have had a similar problem, namely that the config discs stop working after updating to 1.9 and then using the 1.2 config disc and changing the region override setting. Unfortunately, none of the posts I've read so far have led to a working solution.

3. HollowMen

HollowMen Member

I used a Verbatim DVD-R at 8x to burn the GCOS disc and ran into the same problem. It worked the first time and hasn't run again since. I don't really want to solder it over again, but it seems that's the only thing left.

4. mike10

mike10 Member

you might want to try running the recovery disc