1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey setup disk works, backups wont

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by lugagwing, Jun 28, 2007.

1. lugagwing

lugagwing Member

Hello all,

Any help would be appreciated as ive read through quite a few threads for a specific answer....

Installed my wiikey last night, all seems ok with clean solder points. Wii boots fine, popped in the setup disk and it reads it fine as a gamecube disk albeit i have not changed any of the settings through the setup disk. I then reset the console, put in a backup and it comes up with the Cannot read disk error.
    Does the fact that the wii can read the setup disk mean that i have installed the wiikey ok?
    Ive read a few threads saying if i change the settings thru the setup disk to read imports it may work.
    Anyone else have a similar experience?

cheers,

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

When I first put in my first backup I was in the Wii Disc Channel where you can see the disc spinning. And then it gave me an error. So I then tried it again but just stayed on the screen where you can see all the channels. I saw the logo and then it worked!

Or maybe it's the media that you are using? What is it?

3. lugagwing

lugagwing Member

datawrite titanium. admittedly i burnt it on 8x, but as id burnt the setup on that speed and that had worked i figured the speed was ok.

4. n00dle

n00dle Member

Ok, I was actually having the same problem and this is how it was finally solved...

The person who installed the chip for me rechecked all the points on the chip. Tried re-burning on a Verbatim and still nothing. We noticed that the setup disk was burned on a TDK (which worked ok) and the back-up was on a Verbatim (which didn't work). I think you see where the solution is headed.

I know you probably have the same media for both your setup and back up, but give it a shot and try using a different kind of blank. I've been using TDKs now and there haven't been any problems yet. People say that - dvds worked best.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@lugagwing

What region and title is the game disc your trying to play?

What region is your Wii?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  6. lugagwing

lugagwing Member

its actually fixed now guys.
    the chip was installed fine, all i had to do was run the setup and configure it to play imports aswell. reset the console and it works fine.
    thanks for your help, and also to the board where i picked that up.

7. aprilyon

aprilyon Guest

okay i downloaded the config.1.2 and extracted it i have a US wii console i see the BootableDisc_US its a .bat file how do i burn that into an .iso ?? do i just add .iso to the end of the file and burn ??? please help ..

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

All you need to do is double click on the BootableDisc_US.bat file and it will create an ISO image for you to burn.

For future reference try reading the READ ME file that comes with the Wiikey update file you download. The instructions on how to create the setup disc is given in that READ ME file.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2007
  9. aprilyon

aprilyon Guest

yeh i finally did figure that out.. but once i burnd the iso wii doesnt read the disk i did find a 1.0 iso the wii reads that disk and i configured the region / audio/ and all then reset console.. but only thing is its only reading us bckups how can i play eur .. sum reasone the 1.2 iso isnt being read on wii ?

10. bern2707

bern2707 Member

I was having similar problems after updating to 1.9g, Could be playing a game and half way through i would get the disc read error, also some games that worked before the update are now saying disc error, I have just changed the burner, and different media discs, And got a definate improvement,