1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey+SMG = no wii settings menu!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Damnhor2, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Damnhor2

Damnhor2 Member

Hwy you guys!
    Well..., I just got a wiikey installed today, went ahead and inserted the SMG dvd in my wii, it installed an update, andwhen I tried to start the game I got the "unauthorized...", bla bla bla.
    Went ahead and inserted the new Hotfix 1.9g update from the wiikey.cn website, updated and it's all good.
    SMG works and it's great!
    But now I have no "wii settings" menu!, I just get an Opera browser screen...

P.s.
    I got a US wii.

What can I do:?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Wiikey+SMG = no wii settings menu!!! = Semi-Brick

If you have a USA wii then you had to have updated your Wii in the past with a PAL or NTSC(J) Game disc.

Go HERE for more information.

UPDATE: I ran across a thread that said you can go into Maintenance Mode on the Wii. Some have reported after going into Maintenance Mode that their Wii settings semi-brick was fixed.

To go into Maintenance mode you need to turn off the Wii. Then turn it on when at the first page telling you to press A hold down the - and + sign at the same time and press A (or hold it down and it should automatically go to Maintenance Mode after a few seconds).

Then turn off your Wii and see if it has fixed the issue.

If it didn't you could always try going into Maintenance mode again and see if you can access system settings and do a system update to correct the issue.

I have no idea what the outcome would be doing this so you need to do it at your own risk.

Let me know if it works so I can add it to the above guide on semi-brick/brick issues.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  3. Damnhor2

Damnhor2 Member

So what can I do now?
    Is there a way to get it back?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try doing the Maintenance mode that I updated above. Let me know if it works. First just go into it then out of it to see if it fixes the issue. If it doesn't and you want try seeing if you can go into system settings when in Maintenance mode.

5. Damnhor2

Damnhor2 Member

I tried, and it didn't work...
    Also, while in that mode I still got that Opera page...

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You had the warning saying you where in Maintenance Mode?