1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey trouble

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by xacidx, Mar 22, 2007.

1. xacidx

xacidx Member

I have soldered the the wiikey onto the board. How do i know its working? Does it boot up to the wiikey menu or does it load the regular wii menu and i have to access the chip from there? Im in the process of redoing the whole thing in hopes of loading the setup disc.

2. leosdesk

leosdesk Member

I just did my first wiikey yesterday. I popped in a burned image of a game. (trama) on a DVD+R and it read the game fine.
    So as far as to testing, you really dont have to do anything.

3. xacidx

xacidx Member

Thats not what i asked... when you boot up your wii what happens after wiikey is installed? Does it boot up normally or does something different happen. How do i know if the wiikey is working or not if i don't have a burnt game disk...

4. killa024

killa024 Member

Get a burned disk and test it out. Thats what the chip is for. Or download their setup disk from their website and try that and see if it works. All the chip does is allow burned games to play. So you cant tell till you test it out with one.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  5. leosdesk

leosdesk Member

AS far as I know cyclowiz is the only chip or another one too that has a LED on it which tells you if you installed it correctly or not.

But as killa said... Grab an ISO and test it out. I had a stack being made while I was waiting for my chip.