1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey update/ Nintendo Firmware update Procedures

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Mik_dud, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Mik_dud

Mik_dud Member

I have yet to update anything, but i would like someone to confirm if my procedure is correct.

Wii Firmware: 3.0U
    Wiikey (official) version: the version where 1.2 configuration disk works.

Final Wii Firmware: 3.1U
    Final Wiikey version (1.9b or 1.9g)

1. Download 1.9b or 1.9g update
    2. filechop method and burn the update.
    3. insert the update into the wii
    4. Update the wii firmware to 3.1U via internet.

Questions:
    1. If I want 1.9g, do I need to upgrade that from 1.9b? If I just update using 1.9g, will that get the same functionality as 1.9b? Beside the fact 1.9g can play SMG, what else is there?
    2. I have my region override on before updating anything, after I update the wiikey to 1.9b or 1.9g, would region override be turned off? If it does, what would I have to do for backups to work again? GCOS 1.3 or just the 1.2 from the wiikey website?
    3. When nintendo just released 3.0U, many people complained that they can't run backups anymore after the firmware and had to use GCOS to turn region override back on, are these people owners of Wiikey clone? I did not have to do that, so I'm guessing that i own an official wiikey right?

THANKS A LOT!!!

2. Dumbpoopy

Dumbpoopy Regular member

1.9g is just for playing smg, so if thats what you want then i'd update 1.9b first then 1.9g just to be safe. As for the overide, after the update just pop the config disc in anyways and check to make sure, i see no harm.