1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey Upgrade 1.2 Question

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by BrokexMan, Apr 13, 2007.

1. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

At http://www.wiikey.cn/resources.html

When i got my wiikey installed by a professional he set me up with the 1.1 i believe, and i wondered around the forum and found their was a recent upgrade to 1.2, and i called my wiikey installer he says taht its something about playing divx movies and SD input, etc. or something

I was wondering how do i get this 1.2? downloaded it, extract all files to a disk and put in wii??

i dont wanna break my wii!

ty

Last edited: Apr 13, 2007
  2. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

Download from www.wiikey.cn and extract. There is a "readme" file that takes you step-by-step through creating the disc. I'm very new to all this, but I found it extremely simple. I was also setup on v1.1, and although I created it, I really have no use for it. This is NOT a firmware upgrade, just a new setup disc. If you are just using the Wiikey to play backups of GC and Wii games, you don't need this.

3. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

what does the 1.2 version do?

4. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

It basically gives the user homebrew GC apps that they can use on their wii as well as access to edit what goes on the disc.

The apps include a media player, an SNES emulator, a multi game booter and the homebrew SDload program. Most of these require an SD card reader like the Gecko (check out ebay for these).