1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey website

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by stuntman_, May 3, 2007.

1. stuntman_

stuntman_ Regular member

ok so www.wiikey.cn is not working for right now

but www.wiikey.com.cn is, are they the same website whats the deal?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It says on www.wiikey.cn website that they are not affiliated with www.wiikey.com.cn

So your taking the risk to use that site since the real official site of Wiikey www.wiikey.cn says they are not affiliated with them.

3. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

[​IMG]

The results of running a 'whois' on wiikey.cn

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

But what does "whois" say on www.wiikey.com.cn place a .com before .cn

www.wiikey.cn is the official Wiikey website so Registrant Organization should be Wiikey Technogy.

5. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

[​IMG]

This is what came back on 'whois' wiikey.com.cn
    as you can tell by the registration date, they are 2 months later then wiikey.cn

I can't read what the rest says.

6. Syko360

Syko360 Member

I smell an update coming...Either that or it's burnt popcorn ?

7. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Updates should not require taking the site down at all.

Upload the updated files and it should be all good. I've got two websites of my own and never have to take them down for updating.

Maybe he's upping the bandwidth. But I don't know for sure. Anyone get in touch with them?

8. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

does anyone have a copy of the v1.2 update software

i just received my chip yesterday and installed it, but when i went to the website it's obviously not working and i need to update my chip

my backed up games are also not working and i think it's because i need to set the configuration settings with the update

if you have an update can you please email it to me, just tell me if you are willing and i will private message you with my email address

thank you!!!

9. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

wiikey.com.cn

10. Daimao

Daimao Member

11. jac33au

jac33au Guest

Is this the official site?

12. Daimao

Daimao Member

no,the .com site is a fake

13. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

wiikey.com.cn is pretty obviously a fake, just check out the resellers link. 2 sites selling clones and someones yahoo account, real professional there.

While I'm here though does anyone know what happened to the offical site? I find it hard to beleive that they got shut down but almost as hard to beleive that they've been having technical difficulties for going on 3 days now and cant get their site workin again.

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@penguin98

The wiikey.cn administrator has a yahoo mail account as well. So does that mean Wiikey itself is not professional?

I am glad I got a WiiD. But I do hope the site comes online for you guys soon and puts all this worrying to rest.

15. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

I dont mean the admin contact info is a yahoo account, I mean that someone is selling wiikey clone chips from an email account.

I'm startin to wish I'd gotten a WiiD instead too, I've been playing mostly gamecube backups so far and some of the ones I want to play dont work with the wiikey. I've been waiting for the update thats supposedily going to fix it and now this happens.

16. stuntman_

stuntman_ Regular member

I think your the only one on the forum that has a WiiD, based on what your saying I am starting to wish I got one instead of a wiikey, but when I was browsing the forums everyone was talking about the cyclowiz and even more people talking about the wiikey, so thats what I ended up getting, hope it doesnt effect online play or anything later.

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have seen a few others that have a WiiD.

Like I said in other threads they are not that popular yet because they have only been out since April.

But I have yet had any problem with any Wii game plus I have over 50 GameCube games and they all work perfect.

Matter of fact I took all my GameCube games and placed them on 12 Mutli-Disc DVD's. So now instead of 50 GameCube disc I only have 12 disc with 5 to 4 games on each disc. Gives me allot more room for my Wii games.

But I did find this on a site about the Wiikey site...

http://www.wii-ftw.com/news/index.php?/archives/160-The-truth-behind-wiikey.cn-being-down.html

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  18. stuntman_

stuntman_ Regular member

I have only a couple GC backups (resident evil games) and they all work fine with the wiikey and Wii games work perfect also (except PAL spiderman on my NTSC console) but I bet that disable chip feature is going to come in handy I hope when the wiikey site comes back online I hope they will add a similar feature on a update, I want to learn how to put multiple GC games on one disc, but I have looked all around and still cant figure it out.

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Go to the link below and read my post. I use a Wii PC utility program to make my Multi-Disc. I also included the link where you can get the utility (I think the link is on page 2 of the thread)...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/503195

Last edited: May 5, 2007
  20. Menion

Menion Regular member

Ok I have had the WiiKey installed in my system & it works absolutely just fine with no problems whatsoever, Now the Main site goes down and all the sudden you want a different chip? or better yet Theres to many clones? have any of you seen the grey market in china? A clone is a Clone reguardless of company you are being sold to brand names, you bought the chip so you could download and burn the games you rented or borrowed from your friends to save money or even play homebrew either way both of the chips accomplish the same thing. So to be upset about a chip installed in your system thats doing exactly what you wanted it too is kind of stupid, but if you want to fall for the advertising and buy that other go for it, It really dosent make sence.