1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey.. what all can it do?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ezkim0x, May 10, 2007.

1. ezkim0x

ezkim0x Regular member

I have a wiikey installed in my wii.. and can play backups of wii, and gc games.. but I'm new to modding scene.. I've never had a modchip before the wii.

I've read about the emulators people are installing with the wii, and 3 gc games per disc.. etc etc. I've read main page on wiikey.cn and threads on the wiikey on afterdawn and other forums.. but I still don't know everything it can do.

if anybody is bored, or has some time on their hands.. and wouldn't mind to write out a longer post.. maybe an idiots guide to the wiikey.. that would be awesome.

2. ezkim0x

ezkim0x Regular member

bump.

3. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

I think people are ignoring you because the answers to this has been posted in at least 100 other threads. Also, the answer is right there on the wiikey web site, and we are trying to discourage people from just posting a question, without searching if its already answered.

4. ezkim0x

ezkim0x Regular member

well I looked through the threads and didn't notice anything explaining things more in detail.. maybe one thing here and there but it wasn't helping.

and I know it has a list of everything on the site.. but it didn't really make sense to me because i'm a newbie in the modding scene.. as I said.. I was basically wanting an explanation of all the stuff on the wiikey website.

5. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Ok, then basically, it will play backups of the games from your region, it will also allow you to play SOME backups from other regions (compatibility is being worked on). It will let you play backups of gamecube games (also compatibility being worked on), and homebrew (stuff like emulators, etc). There is a new firmware patch supposed to be released tomorrow which is supposed to increase compatibility on a lot of things.