1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey & Wii DVD Drive

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by paperc07, May 30, 2007.

1. paperc07

paperc07 Member

Hi I tried to solder my wiikey obviously bad idea but I was wondering if anyone knew where
    to buy a wii dvd drive or if I can buy a wii dvd drive with the wiikey already installed inside of it. thanks

2. vdojunkie

vdojunkie Member

does ur wii still turn on?. But just doesn't load any games (originals)or virtual console games?

3. paperc07

paperc07 Member

yes it still turns on and everything but when i hit the eject button it wont eject and it wont let me put a disc in and when I managed to get a disc in it, it wouldnt read the disc which was wii sports

4. vdojunkie

vdojunkie Member

the same thing happened to me i fried the points where i was suppose to soder the wiikey. then i found someguy in canada & he told me that it might still be fixable. all he did was soder the chip to the alternative soder point. i cant find the web page, but google it you'll find it

5. paperc07

paperc07 Member

yeah I just seen some pictures here http://teammodders.com/forum/alternate-points-for-wii-modchips-t4638.html

but I wish I could find a digital camera around here somewhere because I messed my wii up bad and I guess tommorrow I will try and use the soldering braid to unsolder everythig. How good does that work anyway? but anyways back to the subject I messed up so bad that all my points were touching each other and I didnt know what wires to use for the wire method so I tried to do the quick solder and i know it is messed up it will be a miracle if it is fixable

6. vdojunkie

vdojunkie Member

thats what i did to i totally fried the area. & i thought it was dead but dude fixed it. i works fine. its been bout a month now. hope i just didnt jinx my self

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  7. paperc07

paperc07 Member

were did you get yours fixed because I know mine is messed up and what wires do you use

8. vdojunkie

vdojunkie Member

some guy up in canada im from seattle bout half hour from the boarder. he used i believe 30 awg wires.

9. paperc07

paperc07 Member

were can I get these wires at and what kind are they exactly??

10. Chazbo

Chazbo Member

Your best bet for this would be a RadioShack. I picked up this wire at my local store to practice some soldering.

Link

I'm fairly certain this is the right wire, it's Kynar coated and 30 awg. if someone else could verify it's the right wire for the job.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007