1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiiKit problem with WiiKey update

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by redbenn, Jul 18, 2007.

1. redbenn

redbenn Member

I installed a WiiKit that I got from Divineo, and I am able to load backups (takes a couple times loading the disc, I think it's the cheap media) and the WiiKey set up disc. However, when I try to update the chip, i.e. turn on the region settings to play PAL games, it says that it is saving the settings... but when I put in a PAL copy of Mario Strikers Football, it doesn't read the disk.

I put the setup disk back in, and the setting I changed did not save. The region is set to "No." I tried saving several times and resetting, with no luck.

It was my understanding that the WiiKit is a WiiKey clone, and should be able to update just like the WiiKey.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The settings will always be at the default setting. So even tho you change the region override to ON when inserting the setup disc the next time it will say it is off. This is normal and is due to the stealth mode on the chip.

As long as you turn the region override to ON and save it then region override should be ON.

If this is a knock off of the Wiikey then maybe you should have spent the few extra bucks to get the real deal.

I would try patching the game disc with a region patcher and see if there could be a region over ride problem with the clone chip.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007