1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiimotes wont sync after attempting wiikey update

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by RazielLok, Feb 20, 2008.

1. RazielLok

RazielLok Member

Hey, I'm having probelms with my wiimotes syncing with my wii. First, I'll preface that with the fact that it happened right after I popped in the wiikey 1.9g update disc. It loaded to the first screen where it asks you to press A or reset to test the install. At that point I, unfortunately, forgot that it was running as a GC disc and actually reset my Wii instead of PUSHING reset, because my wiimotes weren't connecting anymore.

I realized afterwards that was most likely because it was a GCOS disc and thus the wiimotes werent supposed to be working. Anyhow, since then I haven't been able to get my wiimotes to sync to my wii at all. I've tried every trick i've seen on this website, which include unplugging the wii, holding the red sync button the wii, the wiimotes, both at once, changing batteries, etc. I also updated my system to 3.1U (or whatever is newest) through the online update before these schenanigans occured.

I haven't gotten a hold of a GC controller to see if there is something I can do with that to make things work, but I don't know what setting would really cause this (I essentially am hoping that after I actually run the update and the config 1.3 disc, i'll hit upon a solution).

My assumption is that somehow my Wii got stuck in the Gamecube settings mode and so won't connect to the wiimotes or anything but the GC controller while it's stuck. I was hoping to use the "Reset" button control that I'd heard about for the GCOS discs, but i guess it doesn't work unless you've loaded the GCOS disc, which I can't do without a working controller. I know that isn't what is SUPPOSED to happen in response to loading a GCOS disc, but i can't think of any other reasons for this to happen or for it to completely reject both of my wiimotes.

Does anyone have any suggestions for solutions or what might be going on here?

2. RazielLok

RazielLok Member

Ah, problem fixed. Can a mod delete this thread? Thanks!