1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will 3.30 OE themes work on 3.40 OE

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by abh03233, Aug 26, 2007.

1. abh03233

abh03233 Member

I recently found a thread that said complete themes for 3.30 oe and 3.40 oe. It included an Ultimate mario theme and some others i had searched for. I made enough room in the flash 0 this was not the issue. Deleted the usbcam and usbgps. prxs and renamed the bwon file with empty text. there is plenty of room on the flash 0. I had used a theme pack found on dl.qt ie 300 theme etc iphone icons . no problems. I used this ultimate mario theme. i copied over the topmenu. and others like all themes. I noticed when i copied over the "bg.rco file? background waves. I could hear the gameboot but would not see it. games loaded. fine. I then decided to copy the orignal "bg.rco" from the backup of my flash 0 i kept. the gameboots worked fine. After getting the mario theme to work. I turned off. Went back into recovery and attempted to enable my flash 0. the psp froze. I cut it off back on. froze again. I then just turned on regular. theme still worked fine. Turned off back to recovery same thing. At thsi point. I decied to flash back to 1.5 with rovery pack located on the net. it went back down to 1.5 no problem. I then came back to 3.40 oea. i have a data.dxar file created cause ive downgraded and not bricked over 15 psps now. once it came back up to 3.40 oe a. . I turned off back to recovery. The configurations tab in recovery was there, but when i select it my psp would freeze. i couldnt navigate through the recovery anymore. every tab i selected would freeze. Anyone have any idea. what happened. And can you cofirm that 3.30 themes work on 3.40. Ive seen the converter from 3.03 to 3.40 for the topmenu. that gameboots and everything else works. as fas as ive tested. Any input and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

the compatibility issues that i know of is btw 3.03 and beyond not btw later ones

3. abh03233

abh03233 Member

So 3.03 oe themes on later version of DAXs CFW. Is the only known compatabilty issue?

4. abh03233

abh03233 Member

This really pisses me off. Is it cause my account says newbie on it. I see you guys reply to some of this simplest sh##T so. I'm the only person that has had this question??!! Do i just need to convert the topmenu xmb icons to 3.40 oe. and will the rest of the theme work. Is 3.30 OE themes compatiable with 3.40 oe. Simple ass question. Can one of you psp lifers answer this?? I just started jacking with PSPs a month ago. Ive downgraded about 13 no problems. Ive used themes and I know how to make room on my flash. So as far as noob. other this confirmation I'm seeking. Im sure ive learned alot for the short span of time ive put into this. Can somebody get off their internet high horse and answer this??!! Gees. I dont mean to sound rude. But ive searched high and low. Ive googled. Ive search all kinds of forums. Ive even queried yout tube for video tutorials. ANYONE..... ANYBODY!!!

5. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member