1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will 3D Play from USB?

Discussion in '3D TV' started by jdmba, Nov 14, 2011.

1. jdmba

jdmba Member

Greetings - I have a Sony 3D Television (46HX826) but do NOT have a blu-ray player, nor do I want one (for quite a number of reasons, so I would hopefully like to avoid that debate).

Does anyone know if a 3D Blu-Ray which is ripped to USB will play in 3D on the television?

Thanks!

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

couldn't you check the specs for the tv to see what type of files can be read from usb. normally the usb port is used for tv software updates but your tv user manual will tell you what formats can be read from the usb port

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

chances are the 3d bluray movie would be compressed to the point that you'd lose a lot of quality.check the manual and see what formats are compatable and make sure the movie is in one of them formats and it should work.

4. cvananden

cvananden Member

depending on your tv you can. I have an LG that can play them back from an external hard drive. The movies are in an mkv file format and the 3d is displayed as side-by-side. I just have to enable the side by side option for the 3D and it'll play them just fine.