1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will a ps2 play burned dvds?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by adamryer, Dec 19, 2003.

1. adamryer

adamryer Guest

Will a ps2 play burned dvds? Just backed up a movie, plays on my apex, not on my ps2.

2. nutty_cop

nutty_cop Member

yes in general. but it also depends what version you have.

3. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

it should if the ps2 is v1-5 try burning on dvd-r.... if it's v6-10 you can burn on dvd-+r and it should work also... some brand just wont fit for video.... try TDK x1 they work like charm on my ps2... also try to burn the dvd with nero6 and on 1x... that should make the dvd work...

4. adamryer

adamryer Guest

will nero 5.5 work? if i burn a VIDEO_TS file at 1x ?

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

nah... nero 6 has some fixes for burning dvd's that dosent work later on.... 5.5 just wont do this time sorry dude... in nero6 just drag and drop all the files ifo... vob.. bup... files into the video_ts and burn on 1x that should make the dvd work ^_^

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

adamryer i have one of the rare v4 ps2 that actually plays dvd+R dvd's.so yes ps2 do play dvd+R/dvd-r. in my opinion i burn my movies with clone dvd and anydvd. these two programs worked great for me. and clone dvd store the video_ts file temporarly, it erases automaticaly once you are done burning the movie. clonedvd lets me burn at what ever speed i want, i burn at 4x with my tdk 420n dvd writer.. and all of my movies playback fine.