1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WILL A USA PLAYSTATION 3 WORK IN UK?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by dw_uk, Mar 25, 2007.

1. dw_uk

dw_uk Member

im in usa and wanted to get playstation 3 but i wanted to know if all the plugs and stuff will go into the uk tv's ok? also will the games from the uk play on the usa playstation 3??
    any help from anyone please!!!!!!!

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

you'll have to buy a power transformer, as the UK uses a different current than the US. also, i do believe games are region coded, so you'd have to wait for a good ps3 mod to play them.

3. dansage

dansage Regular member

i thought the games were region free? only the Blu-Ray movies were encoded?

4. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

They have said they are region free, but people have had problems, also you won't be able to play any UK PS2 games, just get one when you get here.

5. nax0101

nax0101 Regular member

hiya, so im thinking i may get a ps3 from USA, does anyone here actaly own one at all, will the online fuction and the games work, thats really all i want to now, as blu ray movies arnt my thinkg

thanks

6. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

I own a Hong Kong PS3 Console and i'm from the UK, which is most probably even worse than the US version, just simply get a 220v plug just like you use for your PC PSU and kettle plugs.

Games are ALL region free and have no problems playing online, you simple sign up to a european account through PSN and voila.

No games have problems whoever said that above, as long as your TV has NTSC support (which unless your TV is 10 years old literally, it'll have NTSC playback.) it won't play in black and white.

7. UKDude007

UKDude007 Member

I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that Hong Kong PS3 is worse than USA PS3 or not?

I am thinking about whether to buy USA PS3 or Hong Kong PS3 (due to the price difference comparing to UK PS3's price)

Please let me know if it is true that HK PS3 is worse than USA PS3 or it is not what you meant?

Many Thanks,
    Diego