1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will all 360 games eventually all be hd dvd or at least popular ones?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by sniper78, Jan 9, 2007.

1. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

I am thinking about getting into the the 360 backup scene. But if hd dvd is coming and its just gonna be that soon is there any point of getting a 360 now if all the discs are going to be hd dvd which a burner is like 2k and not dual layer ne more?

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

HD-DVD will only be for movies. The games will still be on regular dual layer DVDs.

3. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

hi welcome. You should definatley get into the 360 scene. i bought a 360 only because... but yeah games won't be on HD DVD.

GL

4. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Sweet great news guys thanks. I am going out to buy an xbox 360 premium tommorow. Do I need a desktop computer tho to flash the cd rom drive?

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

If you have a sata port on a laptop/desktop you can flash it! As far as I know HDDVD is the next BetaMax, they have unofficaly annouced that!

Have fun

6. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

Well doesnt a hard drive bay connector have the same plugs as for one on a cd rom drive. I have a an external hdd kit would those plugs work? If not i know a person with a desktop that would be glad to let me use his pc to hack.

7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

no, you need a sata connector, not an IDE connector that a normal hard drive or CD rom drive would have. easiest way to get it is to get the PCI card that it suggest for this. which card you need depends on what drive you have.

8. sniper78

sniper78 Regular member

mmk well i got my 360 and i am just going to my friends and using his desktop. Thanks for all the info guys. It's like a completely different scene in this section.