1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Applying a Custom Paintjob Void my Warranty?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by halo2342, Jan 3, 2008.

1. halo2342

halo2342 Guest

Ok, I was thinking of just doing a light mod to my xbox 360 by spray painting it to look a little more appealing than just the bland white.

I was first thinking of removing the shell to paint the parts individually, but I know that will FOR SURE void my warranty. I just don't want to void my warranty right now because I just recently got my 360 and if something goes wrong in the next 9 months a warranty sounds like a good thing to have.

But what if I just do the paintjob directly on the console itself? Will that in any way void my warranty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS

I'm not a complete idiot, I am sensible enough to know not to spray paint down the ventilation holes.

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

why not, remove warrenty sticker (its not hard to do with a little heat) file the sticker away on a oiece of wax paper, then re place your case with a custom one of your choice.
    keep the orig case put up somewhere in case you need to send it in for repair you can.
    that will let you cut and paint till you drop.
    then if you do need to return it you have the case and sticker you can reinstall.

3. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

if you want to know for sure, just call microsoft support and ask them. i would think as long as you didn't break the seal, you'd be okay, but not sure about spray painting. I'd just call them and ask.