1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will "Bust a Move Bash" NTSC brick a Pal Wii?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by marvin071, Apr 27, 2007.

1. marvin071

marvin071 Member

I received my PAL wii with a wii key installed. I updated to the latest firmware today online and I have Bust a move bash ntsc. As this was only released recently (after Paper Mario) I was wondering if there is any possibility that it could brick my wii (ie is the firmware likely to be later than that which I have just downloaded?). I am in Australia.
    Thanks in advance!

2. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

I don't have a PAL wii but have been on the board long enought to know the standard routine.

- Download the latest firmware (sounds like you've already done so)
    - insert disc
    - If it asks to run an update, say no and come back and post. If not try it out. As long as it doesn't ask to do an update you sould be fine.

Unfortunatally, looking at the region compatiability list (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_Region_Patcher_Compatibility_List), bust-a-move is not PAL compatiable. Sorry.

But I can tell you this: I played bust-a-move for wii and the new control mechanics are nothing special. In fact I pretty much hate them. Try picking up a bust-a-move for GC.

3. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

well when i played the game there was no prompt regarding updating my wii... soo it should be fine... my wii is NTSC

4. marvin071

marvin071 Member

Thanks very much guys. I found the compatibility page last night. Unfortunately 3 of the games I have been given won't play on my machine. Never mind. I appreciate the time to help me.
    Cheers!