1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will connecting to XBL to update system get you banned?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tyler1993, Nov 30, 2007.

1. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

i know there are a number of threads re: getting banned on XBL when playing games. i don't want to play games on XBL. i just want to connect to get the latest Dec 4th dashboard/system update. does anyone know if connecting for that purpose only will get me banned?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

no one will be able to tell you that really. My guess would be no, that most if not all people who get banned are banned from playing backup copies online.

3. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

ok, makes sense. looks like the Dec 4th update will be available on the xbox.com site also, so i'll probably try that.

now i'm going to ask a dumb question...is a "dashboard update" and "system update" the same thing? i have dashboard 2.0.5787.0. does that mean i have the latest "system update"?

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I've always wondered about posts like this. If you even aren't willing to take it online to get the dashboard update what does it matter if you get banned? It's not like you are playing online with it anyway. Refusing to go online is just self-banning more or less.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  5. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

This is for people who are unbanned

Do you guys play online alot
    Or do you guys just never go online, and play for 10mins then go off so you wont get banned.
    If so include 360 details please
    Everyone should input on this as this question gets asked many times and alot of people including myself would like to know more.

6. joonbugg

joonbugg Member

Thats a good question ziggy. I also would like to know. I hadnt gone online for about 2 weeks PRIOR to the recent bans, and I havent been on since. Im wondering If I should wait till a new Hitachi firmware is released, then try to get back on. Anybody have any suggestions? Again, I havent even tried to get back online since the bans.

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I can say someone I know has been online constantly since the 1st ban wave and he's not banned. All his backed ups have checkd out OK for ixtreme in Mulleter. None were CRC verified and every one was downloaded.

8. ziggi_83

ziggi_83 Regular member

So i guess its just you and your luck.
    More info from people please.