1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WILL COPIED PS2 GAMES WORK ON A PLAYSTATION 3 ???

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by gokussj3, Mar 24, 2007.

1. gokussj3

gokussj3 Member

i was wounderin will a copied ps2 game work on a playstation 3 for e.g a copied games we use on our ps2 by usin a swap mai but can u play ur copied gamez on a ps3 without any probz ( jus insert a copied ps2 game lik you would do to a ps3 game wiv out any probz) ????

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You could always find out.. By trying yourself or on a friends PS3 or something.

Um well i know you can load PS2 games on to the PS3 HDD, but im not sure if you can load PS2 backups onto the PS3 HDD.

3. BobbyBlu

BobbyBlu Guest

No not yet.....

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The backup will not pickup,reason why is the system reads the discs if you put it into the drive like a PS3 game.You have to trick the system into thinking that your backup is actually the Swap Magic disc.I was thinking of a fliptop like lid for the PS3 would work.The problem for me right now is I can read the Swap Magic disc in my PS3,but have no way of tricking the drive to think there is already a PS2 disc inside.

5. trigga71

trigga71 Regular member

i think there was a video on youtube, that it works but you have to have the PS3 apart so you can swap the disks out.