1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will downloaded games work with Swap Magic? And flip top procedure?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kenhsiung, Dec 18, 2004.

1. kenhsiung

kenhsiung Member

Can you play downloaded ps2 games with the swap magic? Like games I download off bittorrent and burn to dvd.
    Also I want to buy the flip top and swap disk, but was wondering what the difference in procedure is for the flip top as opposed to the slide card? Can someone please post a step by step guide as to how to swap the disk with the flip top? I read the guide on how to do it with the slide card, but I'm not familiar with the flip top and I wanna understand what to do before I buy it. It might be really easy and I'm just a moron, but thanks for understanding.

2. treumatic

treumatic Member

that what i know u need only to boot from swap then open case and put in backup dvd/cd.I can be wrong...i dont use that

3. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

i use slide card, all u need to unscrew is the front of the disc tray, and then u slide. With flip to u have to remove the entire case of the console.
    They slide card should cost less than 8 dollars a lone. If u buy it try to buy the combo one tha tcomes with the swap magic dvd ncd. I think the combo is 28 dollars.

4. kenhsiung

kenhsiung Member

The slide card just seems like bit of an annoying hassle whereas the fliptop seems easier. I don't mind paying the extra 10 bucks or whatever. But i would really like to know what the procedure is for using Swap Magic with the flip top? Anybody? Please!

5. kenhsiung

kenhsiung Member

Somebody please help me!!!
    Will downloaded games work or not!?!?! Yes or no!

6. kluver

kluver Member

Don't you hate it when somebody totally ignores your question? LOL.

Anyway, the answer to your question...would be yes. I don't see why not. Most games are saved in .iso format(which is an image of the game).

7. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Of course they will work. Why else would people go to the trouble of posting them if you couldn't download them and play them? Regarding your other question, go with the fliptop. The slide card will wear out your drive motor, and besides, it can be easily made from a credit card, so theres no reason to buy one.

8. kenhsiung

kenhsiung Member

I dunno, I was reading posts and a lot of people seemed to have problems with downloaded games, I thought maybe they only worked with modchips.
    Thanks for the help tho!

9. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Where can you get swap magic from?

10. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

go here
    www.swapmagic3.com, they have a list of lot of vendors.
    And by the way, just go buy a gamepass at block buster and u can burn legit games all days, jeez ppl get a job b4 u do any of these burning.