1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will dvd label screw up the back up?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Ducky831, May 2, 2005.

1. Ducky831

Ducky831 Member

Hi, I was wondering if I put on cd/dvd label on a back up will the game screw up, or anything like wont play right?

2. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

I do most of my games like that and it plays fine just dont try to pull it off once it's on then you will have problems

3. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

the best advice is to use printable dvd-r's, i use labels myself and really as long as there pressed on correctly and dont start to peel off there fine. But they can knock the dvd off balance inside the drive and can cause it to start making a clicking sound.

4. 2kwic

2kwic Guest

Really to avoid problems use a marker man the best labeler out there

5. maulucci

maulucci Member

I would have to say yes it can cause problems with playing games. even if they are on right. I noticed that some of my games had long loading times or were freezing at spots. I thought that maybe it was a bad burn (didn't think it was the disk since i use verbatim) then someone told me that it could be the labels. they told me to use isopropanol 99% rubbing alcahol (you can get it at any drugstore or walmart for around $1 a bottle) and pour some on the disk label and let sit for 2 minutes and then peel the label off. it came off with no effort. I put the game back in the ps2 and bam, there is know skipping, long loading times, or freezes. all my games now work great!

I noticed that this was also effecting some of my dvd movies in friends dvd players (mine read them fine), it fixed that problem too.

so yes I do think they make a differance, try to get printable dvd's and a good printer that will print on them.

6. pjack

pjack Member

I use CD/DVD labels on my back ups as well, no problems so far. Just make sure you use a stomper or some type of Labeling system.