1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will DVDRW work with Ps2 & fliptop?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by wilmero, Dec 28, 2004.

1. wilmero

wilmero Member

I tried to burn a game using a EMTEC 4.7GB DVDRW and it didn't work but I burned it with DVD Decrypter on max speed. I'm tired of burning a game only to find that it sucks and I wasted a dvd. Are there any DVD RW brands that will work with ps2? Any particular program to burn? + or -

Thanks,

Wilmero

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

burn at lowest speed... I haven't heard of emtec but I know people who have used optodisc -rw and it worked. It also depends on your system, some people can get rw to works but others can't.

3. wilmero

wilmero Member

Thanks for your reply. I now have renewed hope.

Wilmero

4. gersson

gersson Member

It depends what PS2 version you have.
    I know that the first few models don't support DVD+R or RW of any kind.

Mine's a v9; 50001 PS2 which DOES support all those functions.

5. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

if u afraid of wasting a DVD disc then u need to use DVD-R (guarantee to work 100% with Ridata Ritek Go4 DVD-R 4x, unless u do something wrong).
    50 Ridata Ritek go4 DVD-R 4x only costs $25.50 at www.mertiline.com so what r u waiting for?
    At www.allmediaoutlet.com, they have a combo special for that same brand but with 50 DVd cases for only $34.50, but they ship by Fedex (terrible shipper). Fedex has shipped my package to a wrong address, and it has been 21 days since i ordered my DVD. I strongly suggest u to stay away from fedex.
    Anyway, stick with DVD-R and the recommended brand is Ridata Ritek Go4. And please try to burn at lowest speed possible 2x or 1x is strongly recommended.