1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will firmware 4.0 kill my straview clone?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by andymac24, Jun 10, 2007.

1. andymac24

andymac24 Member

Hi guys, will version 4.0 firmware kill my cloned strarview box? If so does any one have or know where I can get a patch/update that auto updates? Really hope v4.o will work, or they is something avaliable, my box has been off for a week now :-(

2. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

DO NOT PUT V4 ON A CLONE RECEIVER M8, AS IT WILL DIE SOONER OR LATER,

also dont think you will get any new firmware update for clone receivers

as there have been a so called clone software v3, & it was just the same as the orginal starview software, was working for a few days like the orginal file, then slow started kill the clones

3. andymac24

andymac24 Member

So the verdict is they is no avaliable auto update for a cloned box? Does this mean the only way I can keep it up and running is input a new code twice a day?
    If this is the case I wont have the patience to keep doin it so I might just stick 4.0 on and watch it die and then buy a genuine box. So if anyone knows where to get one cheap GENUINE box??

4. LEEKOP

LEEKOP Regular member

thats gonna be hard as starview is now a discontinued box , the only way you will get one is if you find a seller with some old stock as almost all sellers now only have the starview 2 aka THE BOX

5. andymac24

andymac24 Member

Is the anything to look out for if I buy a starview 2 box? I really dont want to end up buying another fake!!!

And if anyone is selling one let me know

6. LEEKOP

LEEKOP Regular member

no mate they are fine , i brought twenty last week from the importers so i know that they are sound , i think all sellers on fleabay are all selling at 125 i think , i dont sell on ebay i just selln them to friends and family , i dont advertise at all so prob take me a month to sell mine , if need be i will supply you with one 25 pound cheaper than the ebay going rate beings youve been stung with a clone, GOOD LUCK any how what ever you decide to do

7. andymac24

andymac24 Member

Thanks for the info. Realistically, if you weren't a dumb ass like me and you have a genuine box would anybody like to have a guess how much more life we will get out of them with updates etc before service providers find a way of stopping it. I'm just a little bit reluctant to buy another after getting stung with a cloned box and it now been pretty useless.