1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Forza 2 ruin my xbox?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by andsteele, Jul 8, 2007.

1. andsteele

andsteele Member

Hmm, so I have been wanting to buy Forza 2, it looked good. But I have heard it has been causing problems with the xbox. Anyone any info on this? My xbox is not modded, its just standard. Its never been opened. Its in a well open space on its side, should I get more fans??

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

there are lots of stories about it. my xbox died today playing forza but it could have just been time for my console to go.
    there is a lot of freezing in the game though that needs to be fixed.

3. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

From what I've heard,I will never put Forza 2 in to my console:|

4. dakillz

dakillz Guest

ive had forza 2 [pal] since release, never any probs freezing or otherwise, and a new update has been released thru xbox live supposedly fixing probs

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Fans might work/help but it is not a definite that it will prevent anything. You could put it right in and play with no worries since you have an unmodded 360 so if something goes wrong you are covered....you will just be out a system for a little while AND you will most likely not get YOUR console back. You will likely get a re-furb.

6. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yeah the problems are software based, so fan won't help. i'll i can say from what i have seen is: It it freezes once, just stop playing. DOn't reboot and continues because that leads to red lights./

7. andsteele

andsteele Member

Its a shame that almost anything will break the xbox. I might get it since it doesn't seem to bother the PAL ones (i'm in britain).

8. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

I am in England and mine died playing it ;-(

9. b18bek9

b18bek9 Regular member

i havent had a single problem with mine. i think its just shiety systems to tell u the truth....i love playin my 360 but they are big fireballs with heat issues an so on....i guess in the fall u should start seeing better 360's......i dont think a game is gonna cause ur system to go but thats my opnion havent seen anyones mess up either.....

10. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

I too have absolutely no problems whatsoever with playing forza 2 on my xbox 360. I have 3 other friends who own forza and are addicts that play it for hours and hours on end and haven't had any problems either. To me it seems kind of silly that some believe that the game ruins your xbox. I don't think a company would leave a game on millions of store shelves that when placed in your system will ruin it.

11. Oner

I guess you never saw the 900 replies that mysteriously disappeared at the Forza forums...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/528855

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  12. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

That says 900 replies not failures. The amount of people who actually had problems is probably more like 500. Which is fraction of the players who own forza 2. Considering xbox 360 has a 30% failure i wouldnt say its the game. How many thousands and thousands of people could say after playing Gears of war or oblivion they got the 3 rings of death. and who says half the replies aren't competitors of game systems. If you were a competitor would you not want to find every single little problem with that other system and just explode the problem to make it a bigger issue than it already is to make it unattractive to the customer. Its far beyond hiding anymore about the 360's failure rates but like who do you think pushing for these statistics to hit the news and become known worldwide outside of the gaming community. Its the top console. Sony and nintendo are going to push grind squeeze this failure rate thing for all its worth. All im saying is when someone buys a 360 theres a 30% chance its going to fail with any game in it, Forza 2 or not. I just think this is merely a coincidence. Besides if it is software based like everyone is saying would not a quick xbox live update fix the problem? You could ptobably answer that question better than i can Oner.

13. Oner

The question was asked by the original poster that he "heard it has been causing problems with the xbox" to which you said

And I showed proof that is does...whether or not YOU don't want to believe that, it doesn't change the FACT it is documented in helping to break 360's. Doesn't matter the 360 DOES have a hardware issue we all know that...the question was if the GAME ITSELF may cause problems. Which it does, not to mention I had an actual personal experience in this happening to my friends 360 with Forza the day he put it in...

14. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

The 900 people on the forums arent the only ones with the issue. Think of how many people that bought the game who doesnt post on forums...personally I didnt even know that Forza had its own forum. So sorry Nickler I think the whole people posting to be a console "competitor" theory doesnt make sense.

All I know is that Forza2 isnt going into my 360 either.

15. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

k im keeping the forza away from my console! especially after reading this forum! they are liars saying that its not there game as they investigated! obviously now it seems red lights are happening to people after forza like a lot more.