1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WILL GAMESPOT replace BRICKED PSP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by COOLnDRE, Oct 24, 2007.

1. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

im such a retard i had 3.71 m33-2 and i wanted more xmb themes and realised 3.52 m33-4 was the best way to go.

so i did the recovery and sadly my power wasn't 75% and it didn't warn me wheter to continue or not

long story short, it is FULLY BRICKED, no recovery menus

as i cried 20 min straight, i realised i had a gamestop warranty which had 6 more months in it, so that kindaaa made me feel better.

long time ago i asked the gamestop ppl that if anything happens to my psp, will they take it back, they said yes, but i dont know if its the same terms as of now.

so i am going to take my bricked psp to gamespot hoping they replace it, what do i tell them? and what version are they gonna give me if they do replace the bricked one?

2. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

It doesnt matter as long as you are under warranty-The only thing they dont cover is physical damage (cracked screen, etc..) Just say you used a game or the network update to update your software, and it wouldn't turn on afterwards...Thats it..dont say shit about custom firmwares, custom themes, nada....They will exchange it for you..I imagine you will get one with about 2.81 or 2.82, somewhere in that range...at least all of the ones I have encountered at gamestops, have been like 2.XX for their used/refurbished units.

3. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

Okay.. can i just say that I was downloading sony firmware update and when it finished the psp just turned of byitself and it became bricked, how's that?

oh and i bought the psp new, so.. they might give me a later model

if they give me 3.71 model?

i also heard about this program called pandora's battery, and that it unbricks any firmware and goes back to 1.5

does it really work, and where can i buy the battery?

4. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

how hope they give you a new psp. tell us if they do.

5. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yeah-you can say the sony update bricked it, thats fine. If you get a psp with a new firmware, you will need the pandora battery to downgrade it again....In order to make a pandora battery though, you need a psp that is running custom firmware to do this...HERE is a guide for making the battery and memory stick-to give you an idea of what needs to be done.

6. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

UPDATE**

i went to the gamestop and i told em that i was doing a network update from the menu but my battery died and it turned of and was fully bricked afterwards,

DUDE..LOL.. the look on the gamestop managers was .. i can't even descrive it. they were speechless, and kept asking me, " did u hack it, think of any custom firmwares u did," i said no to all as i laughed so hard in my mind.

they said OK DUDE. we will give u a brand new sony SLIM PSP /w daxter pack.

i was amazed, but they said that we are out of stock so come back in 2 weeks and they'll have it by then...

but... i heard the psp slim cant support many homebrew games or has 1.50 kernal so i can either take a brand new psp slim, get pandoras battery and change that to 3.71m33-2

or.... i can just buy a pandoras battery kit for about 60 bucks from ebay and just unbrick my fat psp.

which 1 should i do?

cuz this gamestop warranty still has 9 more months and i prolly should save it if pandora fails, but then again PSP slim is cool

7. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

There's plenty of people on here that would make a Pandora Battery for you for free, we're kind people. You'd just need to send them a "Fat" battery and a memory stick 128MB or over (I'd recommend 256MB though), then they'd make it a Pandora and send it back. I'd do it for you but i'm in the UK.

I'd say you may as well go for the Slim, it's more restrictive than a Fat but you can still do most of the stuff a Fat does, and well, you're keeping up to date :)

8. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

ya i know there are many people that are so kind that would do of no or minimal charge but.. there's that other 2% that freeload and rob your stuff and don't send it back.

i unno, there are some official forum sights that has many ppl from my area saying to just send the battery and memmory and they will make me a pandoras battery kit

but iunno, im gonna post another thread asking if ppl from my area can locally meet up with me and do the downgrader on the spot

thx for your input tho

9. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

lol its great that you will get a new psp. i reckoned that they would not give you another psp. if i ever brick my psp am going to do the same as you !! :)

10. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

I told you it would work-
    Thats funny the store manager was trying to interrogate you about the bricked psp..."We know you hacked it-now just tell us the truth...!"

That was pretty nice of them to offer up a brand new slim, and then tell you they dont have it in stock-(yaaay!awww....)I would jump on that. Who knows, by the time you get it there could be 1.50 kernel available for the slims...

If you need a battery/memory stick made-I can do it for you..I live in the US-Just cover postage both ways (about $10 total if you were to send it priority mail to and from)

11. keshwala

keshwala Regular member

thanks for the help ill ask if i ever brick my psp. thanks anywayz :)

12. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

oh yea, thx deez_nuts

i also posted a thread on the game psp section about i live near NEW york/new york city, Queens -USA and if any1 can drive near my location i would cover gas money and some extra money too.

and there's another section on some noobz forum that people will help u get the Pandora kit if you send them the battery and official memmory card.

but i don't know if i can trust them, i can probably work with you cause you seem honest and trustworthy, what do i have to send you/ are you sure you won't take my items and never reply back lol?

give me your email add so we can further discuss this

13. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

the psp slim is getting homebrew support. homebrewers are porting the programs over to the psp slim.

you got lucky on the daxter pack. free 1gig and game. not sure about the silver psp slim. just my opinion. it's different, but i'll just stick to my piano black slim. why couldn't sony just release the all ceramic white in the u.s.?

if you were in northern california, i would be able to help out easily. but since you're in new york, mailing is gonna cost. maybe not too much; it's just a battery and memory stick.

14. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Yo- COOLnDRE, check your PM (private message)

15. FW330

FW330 Guest

I LIVE IN BK AND I HAVE A3.52 M33-4 SO I CAN DO THE PANDORA AND THE MS FOR YOU

16. FW330

FW330 Guest

sorry for typing in caps i didnt noticed