1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will GTA IV have limited features on the xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by IM1, Jun 21, 2007.

1. IM1

IM1 Regular member

Theres probably been loads of threads on this already but i couldnt find any.
    Will GTA IV have any cuts backs or stuff taken out of it on the xbox 360 because lack of disk space and no hard drive gaurenteed?
    i hope they dont! i would rather they put it on the hd-dvd's and make us pay another £100 to get the hd player for the xbox then take stuff out.
    the MAIN reason i even got a next generation console was because of GTA, so instead of my paying £400+ for PS3 i thought Xbox 360 would be a much better option considerting i bought one for £135.

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

According to a few different news articles, MS paid Rockstar 50 million for 360-exclusive content. So I doubt it'll have anything taken out.

Also, you'll never see any games come out on hd-dvd unless the 360 receives an internal drive. An article came out quite awhile back explaining that, because of something to do with the way a game loads into the 360's memory, it couldn't be played on an hd-dvd player.

3. IM1

IM1 Regular member

fewww..
    i was getting worried there.
    but then how will they fit THAT much data in a crappy little DVD-9 and then put one on the Blue-ray which will have 5x more space.
    I read interviews with the makers saying there having a realy hard time trying to get it on both consoles, expecially xbox because lack of space.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  4. schweet

schweet Guest

There is the possibility of the 360 version being on two discs.

5. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

i think 8.5GB will be plenty. GTA SA was only around 4GB insalled on PC, and that game was so huge, IV is much smaller, but more detailed. so fair trade off. so im not worried about no space

6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

360 will have more exclusive content then ps3 since m$ payed 50 million for it! lol! google it rockstar microsoft 50 million!

7. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, like above. The Xbox and PS2 versions of the previous games were great and had no problem fitting on a single layer DVD. So Rockstar now having twice as much disk space to work with should be able to pull out some amazing things. I for one really look forward to seeing what they can do. I just hope the extra content is not like all the other games, pay to download. A typical MS theme for anything extra.

8. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I think it might be bigger. Let's hope, anyhow.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=18195

9. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

i'm still surprised nobody brings up different compression options for stuff when discussing limited to a 8.5GB disc, having to use some compression isn't necessarily going to hurt anything compared to a non-compressed HD-DVD/BRD or anything........there are plenty of options and room left on discs, hell most PS2 titles didn't make it off DVD5's..mind u there are some exceptions to that but 99% of those games fit on DVD5, so i don't think there will be anything missing from any X360 title due to 'lack of disc space'

10. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

thats really cool, except i wonder how long the batteries are going to last.

i doubt this very much. If this is true, the game just lost one of its biggest challenge. This is rediculous.

and i hope the explosions in IV willl be amazing.

11. IM1

IM1 Regular member

im quite new to the whole xbox scene and only first got my hands on one yesterday...
    to download things on xbox live does it cost?
    and whats the difference between live silver and gold?

12. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

live silver = no multiplayer but access to the Marketplace (costs MS points usually to download something, but u can buy them anywhere)

live gold = multiplayer, still costs to download things usually

both have buddy lists blah blah blah, but the difference is the online play.

buy a 12+1 month card for the $50 or so it is and just forget about it for a year :)

13. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

There's alot of free stuff on Live, also. Game demos, trailers, some themes, trial arcade games.

14. IM1

IM1 Regular member

can you have a silver account and then at one point add 12 months gold service and then once that finishes go back to silver?
    i was looking for 12 months membership card from ebay and then a couple of the listings said they could only be used with a gold membership account.

15. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

Silver is the free stuff, Gold is when u pay and buy the card. If u stop paying it will go back to silver.

oh and btw:
    [​IMG]