1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will HD Loader erase the games on the HardDrive?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by nebulax, Dec 27, 2004.

1. nebulax

nebulax Member

I have a 40 GB harddrive and I already have several iso images/games in the harddrive. I read it on a website that when u first insert the HD Loader disc, it will format the drive.
    My question is will the files on the HD be erased when I load the HD Loader disc for the very first time?
    Do I need a unformatted HD?

2. Ag3ntNe0

Ag3ntNe0 Guest

If I were you I would get another hdd. One that is way bigger than you have now. If you have valuable files that are already on it then you might not want to take the risk of losing them. And with a hdd size of 40gb and files already on it that leaves hardly any space to put games on it. 100gb or higher.

3. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

If the HD is not PS2 formatted HDL will format the drive and all the images will be erased.
    now unless youve already formatted the HD and installed games via WINHIIP, HDL will not ask to format it.

no,
    what you need to do is format the HD on your PC using WINHIIP and then install all the iso images again using WINHIIP.
    The HardDrive will now be PS2 formatted so you can put it in your PS2 and play.

WINHIIP is a program used to install games to HardDrive via PC.